- advertisement -

Zune MP3 Player vs. Ipod Nano

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by Danielle2008, May 4, 2009.

1. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

I have been wanting a nice MP3 player for a few years, but because of the cost factor other things have taken priority over it.

Anyway, I was able to get a few Target giftcards (Thank you SEARCH study!), and they are both on sale at Target right now. So I decided, what the heck...I am going to treat myself to one.

I am looking at the 2nd generation 8GB Zune, and the 4th generation 8GB Ipod Nano.

My brother has the Zune, and loves it. However, Ipods are obviously very popular.

I know very little about these things, so I thought I would ask around.

Does anyone here have either one? What do you think them?

Here is the Zune(let me know if these links don't work):

http://www.target.com/Zune-Generati...e=UTF8&node=273943011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

The Nano:

http://www.target.com/Apple-4th-Gen...ie=UTF8&node=15779891&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

2. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

I love my iPod nano, but in my experience they only last about a year. I'm on my third and buy iPods with the full knowledge that they will need to be replaced sooner rather than later. I don't mind this so much though, since they bring out a new generation every year, I don't still want to be using the 1st generation clunky thing from 2004 :p The next generation iPods are coming out in September, I think, so if you want to get one, you might want to wait so you're not a generation behind after only a few months. I have never had any other mp3 player so I can't give you any advice on the Zune. I really do love my nano though, and don't have any interest in trying other mp3's, iPods all the way :D

3. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I adore my ipod nano, but I've never tried a zune so I can't really comment on that. I'm sure you'll love whichever one you get. :)

4. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

Thanks for the feedback you guys! I definitely was leaning towards the Nano. I love the colors too:eek:

I wouldn't have minded it being a generation behind, I can't stay up to date with technology anyways LOL

However, I ended up not going with either (isn't that how it always is, you research, research, research and then go with something completely different!)

I guess QVC was having a good deal on the Samsung P2 MP3 player, and my parents wanted to get it for my 19th birthday (not going to complain if they really want to!). Anyway, I read up on it, and it seems pretty nice! It will be here on the 15th, can't wait:D

Here it is:
    [​IMG]

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Ooooh, I like it! :D

6. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

I like it too :)

7. ErictheFerret

ErictheFerret Approved members

I have my green iPod 4th gen and love it. I just learned how to watch videos on it, so that's cool.

Who has a Zune, anyway?

8. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

Ive had my Ipod 2 generation I think Ipod Nano, and I have put that little pod through a lot I can't imagine eatting through an Ipod a year.....I wouldn't buy another Ipod in till this one broke and Ive had it over 1 year!

9. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

oooo, meeeeeeeeee:D!

i got mine in january(first gen, i think, 8GB pink) and absolutely love it! i picked the zune over the iPod because-
    • microsoft has firmware(like software for computers, only for the MP3 player ;)) updates for everyone with a zune, even people who bought it in 2006. so it's like you get a 'new' player every year!
    • you can use whatever picture you want for the background! i REALLY love that. you can make it look light or dark by just changing the background!
    • I like the zune pad(touch pad) sooo much better than the wheel on the iPods.
    • the software for the computer is great, one of my fave things is mix view, which shows you how other artists are connected to the one you're currently listening to.
    • the zune is still pretty popular, so there's lots of great cases and stuff for it.
    • glass screen is SUPER hard to scratch!
    • iTunes was exclusive to the iPod when i got my zune, which i didn't like and i'm pretty sure(but NOT positive!!) that all the music i had in windows media player wouldn't work on a iPod.

iPod is poplar, one of the reasons being 'everyone else has one, so i need one too'. the herd mentality:p. one of my best friend's has a iPod and she loves it, but i really like the zune better. which is kinda funny, i drooled over them for years but when it finally came time to spend $150 on a mp3 player(i had a 2GB $90 sansa sandisk before that and before that a 1GB sansa sandisk. with the last one i had a problem with the head phone jack with two different players:eek::rolleyes:) i just liked the zune better.
    note for anyone considering the zune-late this year/early next year microsoft is releasing a fully touch screen zune(the 'Zune HD') in 4, 8, 16, and i think 30, 80 and 120 GB capacities. so if you want a touch screen, that's out there:cool:.
    and if anyone else is looking for a non-iPod mp3 player, i heartily recommend anythingbutipod(ABI for short). i LOVE this website! lot's of really good reviews(like, here's the one for Danielle's new player. btw, nice player Danielle! i skiped over that one because i didn't want to spend more than $150 and it wasn't on sale, but i really like it!), forums, accessory reviews, etc.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  10. YodaTech

YodaTech Approved members

I work at a car audio store. Ipod is integratabtle into nearly any electronic system now a days. So if you are just looking for a protable music player then use a zune or such. if you want want it to interface and enhance what you already have, then you will need an ipod.