- advertisement -

Your Thoughts on China's Stem Cell Educator Therapy Clinical Trial

Discussion in 'Research' started by Turtle1605, Dec 9, 2013.

1. hopefull340

hopefull340 Approved members

I have also looked into this trial, my understanding is that the current trial consists of a few treatments ,based on the effective outcome of the the first treatment. I also read that Zhao's company has partnered with a Us stem cell cord Company. How is your daughter doing now? Thanks for your input bijanard

2. bijanrad

bijanrad Approved members

Hopefull340 . I was not aware that Zhao's company was in partnership with a US based company. What is the name of the US company. My daughter is very stable . We will get new set of lab works for the level of C peptide and Pro insulin shortly. I will post the numbers . Thanks

3. hopefull340

here is the latest I also read that he is trying to get approval for treatment here in the states and Has a "Mobile" lab in the works. lmk how Your daughter is doing. I have studied this very closely as I strongly feel this treatment has real potential in reversing the autoimmune destruction. Thanks again for your Input Michelle

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...abetes-and-autoimmune-diseases-277595551.html

4. bijanrad

Hopeful 340 Thank you for the reply . I am not sure what you meant by "imk" . My daughter is stable. She has not increased the does of insulin. She has not lost or gained weight . Her fasting blood sugar levels are from 95 to 120 . She does not use to long lasting injections at bed time. Having said this we still do not know for sure if the treatment actually helped or not. I am glad that you have taken time to research the treatment. The best bet is to locate an individual that has been cured . The Chinese Dr. ( very educated and professional) told me that she know of a Chinese boy that has been fully cured.
    Could you share your findings with us ( references , articles , publications ....) I also know a US Dr. (Dr Calapai) in NY is advertising the same treatment. I have sent him couple of e-mails. No response so far ? I will post his information shortly . The main risk factor with this treatment is :
    a- Risk of infection with HB or other viral agents
    b- Blood clot during treatment

I think every treatment is associated with some level of risk. Thank you again waiting for your reply

5. bijanrad

6. hopefull340

Hi Thanks for your response.I myself have spoke with this Dr directly when my daughter was diagnosed. Info was vague because the trial was/is ongoing my daughter was 10 at the time ,if she was older like your daughter I would have done the same. My understanding in the latest trial is it consists of several spread- apart 3/4 treatments based on the outcome test results. The fact that she has type1 and still has a normal fasting is great news based on one treatment. The dr above has simply copied Zhaos work/data results... I doubt The dr in Ny can offer the treatment. The fact that Zhao made the deal with a Us based stem cell cord company is promising the device has the ability to be fast tracked here in the Us if safety is proven in the China studies. We have to also keep an open mind I feel that the auto immune destruction does not happen overnight so therefore it may take many months to stop or correct the destruction. Thank you for sharing feel free to message me anytime. I have spent many months researching this and other treatments. So far her results seem very positive. I will try to gather more info on this mobile lab, he needs approval from the Fda for the medical device no stem cells are being put back into the patient they are simply being used to retrain the patients cells to not "misbehave"...this is my take on it. He has a video outlining the machine on vimeo. It makes sense, this is such a complex disease that it may take a procedure like this and perhaps a combination therapy to protect the newly trained cells? Thank you so much for sharing I and other board members truly appreciate your info. Best wishes to you and your daughter . Michelle

7. bijanrad

Hi Michelle : Thank you for your kind comments . I will certainly share my findings and results from this treatment . I think if this treatment works, we should let everyone know about it . And given the opportunity, benefit from it. Please feel free to post comments and questions . Together , we should strive to pin point a cure for this illness. RGDS

8. hopefull340

Thank you I will do the same I literally try to keep informed daily on whats going on in terms or research and development... if I see any positive results I will... and will always share no child/person deserves this. We need a cure . My daughter was accepted But we opted to wait it out until its approved over here in the Us .However it sound like your daughter is getting great results. That is very promising Please keep us up to date on her c peptide rise I'm praying this works. Thanks Michelle

9. bijanrad

Thank you again. I will . Best wishes .

10. akidmtco

akidmtco New Member

A writeup of a stem cell educator trial in Spain was posted in Spanish at the site below but I didn't find much exciting news after skimming it briefly.
    http://www.asturias24.es/secciones/...e-chinos-y-asturianos-es-diferente/1425647476
    English google translation
    https://translate.google.com/transl...os-es-diferente/1425647476&edit-text=&act=url

Another related article is here:
    http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/239...s-que-impiden-produccion-insulina-diabeticos/
    English google translation
    https://translate.google.com/transl...s-que-impiden-produccion-insulina-diabeticos/

11. hopefull340

Hes having good results in China signed on with a us stem cell cord company.. and is pushing for fda approval of a mobile lab here in the states ..

12. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Don't you think that if a person with Type 1 diabetes was REALLY cured it would be international news??

13. sparty87

sparty87 Approved members

What if a recently diagnosed child came off insulin after treatment and auto-immunity went away ? That's not inconceivable since something like that has been documented (in that case, T1D just sort of faded away on its own)

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/27/5/1207.full

The fact that the Spain trial was not able to achieve the type of beta cell recovery observed by Dr Zhao is very concerning. Is it really that T1D in Asians are different or is Dr Zhao's results not reproducible by others, even with him helping ? Either way, not great news.

14. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

I guess we wait for the results to be published in a journal moderated by people who can sift the wheat from the chaff.

15. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I guess my point was simply that it bothers me when people post BS statements about a cure on this site. Do it on Facebook or your own blog or something.

I have always felt like there was something not right with Zhao and his methods. I have a feeling at some point down the road the truth will come out and there will be some very disappointed people. I could be wrong. I hope I am wrong.

16. pdx_dc

pdx_dc Approved members

Dr Zhao is presenting Spain trial results in a conference on April 15th

Looks like Dr. Zhao is presenting the Spain Clinical trials data in a conference on April 15th. It says so on his website...

17. pdx_dc

pdx_dc Approved members

In the links posted above about the Spain study,

"After passing the Cell Educator, lymphocytes "go with the message and transmit learned another lesson the body, causing truly amazing immunological changes," said Delgado. This is a "spectacular" progress in the investigation of this disease, especially among younger patients, being the least affected have insulin-forming cells. In them there have been improvements in immunity, providing greater stability in the ups and downs of their blood sugar levels and a "slight increase" in the production of insulin.

So Dr Delgado thinks this is "truly amazing immune changes" why are you sounding so discouraged and like Dr. Zhao is out to trick us.. sure, it's not a cure yet - or the results are different from his China studies - but I don't think it is fair to immediately start questioning his whole work with suspicion IMHO!!

this is Science, it is done one step at a time, and looks like Dr.Zhao has made a lot of progress - he has European patents - he is now trying to get the FDA to let him start a trial here in the US... steady progress if you ask me.. And anyone here in touch with Dr Zhao?? bijanrad, are you in touch with him.. I was talking to Dr. Ricordi of the DRI through Facebook, and he was saying "ask Dr Zhao to contact us at the DRI, we are here to help him in any way"...so I am wondering how to pass this message onto Dr Zhao... Anyone here can?

18. sparty87

sparty87 Approved members

"... providing greater stability in the ups and downs of their blood sugar levels and a "slight increase" in the production of insulin...."

I had trouble with the above. I thought meaningful stability in blood glucose level implies meaningful increase in endogenous insulin production. This is not true ?

19. bijanrad

Thank you for your comments . Yes I am in touch with Dr Zhao on occasional basis . I would think that he is fully aware of the issues listed here . By reading the literature available on this procedure, it is hard to form a view point about the treatment. Our personal experience shows that our daughter is still stable after one year . We do not see an increase in insulin usage . Her last AIC came out at 5.7 . What specifically, would you like for me to ask him? I will mention to him that Dr. Ricordi has offered to help. regards

bijanrad

20. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

Thanks again for sharing your experiences.

Are you still having all of the special bloodwork being done? Cpeptide and whatever immune markers they were measuring or has the follow up ceased?

Also, at one point you were going to decide to travel again for an additional treatment. Did you decide to go through with it?

It is nice to see your daughter doing well.i hope it stays that way or better yet improves.