- advertisement -

Your Thoughts on China's Stem Cell Educator Therapy Clinical Trial

Discussion in 'Research' started by Turtle1605, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Senninha

Senninha Approved members

2. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

hey bijanrad.....June has arrived. How are things going with your daughter? Did the Stem Cell Educator improve things?

3. bijanrad

bijanrad Approved members

Hi. Will let you know soon. She is out of the country for vacation and we need to have a test before we can comment.

4. sszyszkiewicz

Regardless....I want to thank you guys again for taking this chance.

5. mo779

mo779 Approved members

Thanks bijanrad. I hope and pray it is a miraculous improvement.

6. mo779

mo779 Approved members

Any updates on this?

7. bijanrad

We just had some lab works done to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment . Here is the list and the outcome:
    1- C Peptide Fasting 1.86 compared to 1.24 immediately after treatment, C Peptide at the time of diagnoses was 2.46 not sure is she was fasting
    2-Fasting A1C level 5.7 compared to 6.5 immediately after treatment and 9 at the time of diagnoses
    3- Fasting Glucose 102
    4- Fasting Pro-insulin 40

8. bijanrad

We just had some lab works done to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment . Here is the list and the outcome:
    1- C Peptide Fasting 1.86 ng/ml compared to 1.24 ng/ml immediately after treatment, C Peptide at the time of diagnoses was 2.46 ng/ml not sure is she was fasting
    2-Fasting A1C level 5.7 % compared to 6.5% immediately after treatment and 9% at the time of diagnoses
    3- Fasting Glucose 102 mg/DL remains stable
    4- Fasting Pro-insulin 40 poml/L
    I wish I had a more conclusive update about the treatment . Speaking to Dr Zhao, He is pleased . However, we need to repeat the C peptide test in about two months to see if it remains stable. Please feel free to post any question . I will be glad to answer .

9. sszyszkiewicz

Hey thanks! Things seemed to have improved. I hope it continues for her!!

Has her insulin usage dropped?

10. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I have not heard of a fasting A1c. Since A1c is a 3 month average I don't understand what you mean by fasting. Also, does your daughter still have to use insulin ?

11. bijanrad

You are correct HBA1c is an average . I just need to say the serum tested was with fasting .
    The level of insulin has not considerably changed . But it seems the corrections are smaller amount . And no long lasting insulin .

12. bijanrad

Thank you for your comment . She does not take log lasting insulin and usually no need for correction before meals . Some times she does not inject herself with insulin if the carb count is low.

13. bijanrad

Thank you for your comment . She does not take log lasting insulin and usually no need for correction before meals . Some times she does not inject herself with insulin if the carb count is low.

14. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

So, her A1C has gone from 6.5 to 5.7 and her insulin needs seem to have gone down? And she takes no long acting insulin and only gives an injection with higher carb amounts or when bg is higher?

Sounds great and hope that this is very long lasting results.

15. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

You may want to add a signature to your profile that lets people know a little bit about your child, like the fact that she has had diabetes for 5 months.

16. bijanrad

Thank you for your comment. We all have fingers crossed and waiting to see if the treatment had long lasting favorable effect or she simply has a long "honey moon period" There are so many factors involved and it is hard to be assertive about the result. We will re-run the test in couple of months and then have a better comparative study about the function of the beta cells. Thank you again

17. Ali

Ali Approved members

All we parents of T1s or T1s ourselves,only hope for the best of results. Please just bear in mind that no matter what the outcome the standard of care in 2014 will keep your kiddo healthy for a long long long time.
    Ali, 40 plus years T1 and some really bad numbers over the years...:tongue: But still healthy:smile:
    Ali

18. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

19. lohmggcjr

lohmggcjr Approved members

I was wondering aside from her A1C and her insulin regiment, How does the rest of her Diabetes care play out? Does she experience Lows from exercise? How often do you find yourself correcting lows, do you have different ratios for different times of day? Or are there senerios stable and do not factor in as much for you? Is she as stable during illness? Has she dealt with Ketones? I know she is older, so do her hormones or menstral cycle play a part?

Thank you for sharing your experience :)

20. joshualevy

joshualevy Approved members