- advertisement -

You know you're tired when...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by FloridaMom, Mar 26, 2011.

1. FloridaMom

FloridaMom Approved members

...you try sticking a test strip in your cell phone and can't figure out why it won't go in. Then you get frustrated and knock the multiclix off the dresser into the huge bin of stuffed animals, which you have to dig through in the dark using only an Omnipod PDM light as your guide.

2. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

Too funny. You deserve some sleep! Hope the rest of the night is peaceful.

3. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

sad but i've done that, tried to stick a test strip into my cell phone.

4. lakevictoria

lakevictoria Approved members

LOL! You deserve a latte!

5. wilf

wilf Approved members

One night I carried the alarm clock into DD's room wanting to test her with that.. :D

6. FloridaMom

Hahaha....that is awesome.

7. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Oh the things I have done such as trying to use my computer mouse for a meter, putting my strip backwards into the meter and then wondering why the strip won't suck up the blood or having a low and going out the next morning to find a bowl full of walnuts with milk sitting on the kitchen table. Don't ask. It was one of those nights.

8. WendyTT

WendyTT Approved members

This thread could be a lot of fun! Would love to hear the other things people have done at the 3am check.........
    Lindsay used to throw her used test strips down in the little bag that her meter is in--then she decided to take an empty test strip container and start putting the used strips in there so they weren't sliding around in the bag. One sleepy night I think I went through 3 of those used strips trying to check her sugar--I think I even muttered out loud to myself "This WHOLE box of test strips must be bad!!" I think after that is when we got rid of the grand idea of the container of used strips in the bag!!

9. Noel

Noel Approved members

One night I tested my husband instead of my son. I knew one of them needed to be tested aroung 3am but I was so tired I couldn't remember which one it was, so I just went for the one closest to me. He was surprised to say the least, but since he was up then, he went to my son's room and I rolled over and went back to sleep. ;)

10. StageMom

StageMom Approved members

These are hilarious!

11. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

Our multiclix rolled off the bed into a drawer of star wars legos one night- must have been a worm hole into another dimension in there because it has not been seen again! We have searched the room from top to bottom.

That darn PDM light is a joke!

12. MegaPug

MegaPug Approved members

Man, I'm laughing so hard! The only thing I've got so far is when I totally freaked out after testing Meg at 3am and woke my husband up to declare that her BG was 811! :eek: Dh calmly turned the meter around so it wasn't upside down and rolled over and went back to sleep.

Never gonna live that one down. :eek:

13. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

...when you test your kid overnight and he's 80something and you figure get some carbs in him since he still has some IOB, then go downstairs to get some food, come back to the room, turn on the lights, wake up said kid and wonder since when he's no longer blond:confused: Ooops, wrong kid.

Next!:D

14. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

This made me laugh hysterically!!!!!:D

15. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Middle of the night test without my glasses on still half asleep. Was trying to shake a test strip out of the container while kneeling by Stevens bed, must have shaken them too hard as they all went flying all over the poor kid. I had to quietly try to pick them all up and get them back in without waking him;) Another time was trying to get the end of the straw in his mouth and proceeded to poke him in the cheek and get drops on his nose:cwds:

16. BKKT10

BKKT10 Approved members

Ohhhh, a combination cell phone/meter...I think your on to something! :cwds:

17. Alex's Dad

Alex's Dad Approved members

This happens to me at least twice.

I'm pretty good at waking and the going back to sleep, but one thing that drives me crazy is when I poke my daughter and before I can get the blood sample she hide her hands under her covers and rolls to the side, its like hand wrestling :eek: But its funny in the end.

18. somanybakers

somanybakers Approved members

Two of my boys (one d the other not) spent the night at their good friends house. Their awesome mom got up at 4am to check Luke's bg. As she clicked the lancet my non d child woke up in shock :eek: and told her, "Wrong kid!" We all still laugh about this many years later.

These stories are cracking me up!

19. FloridaMom

Yes! We had the hand wrestling last night. I feel so bad having to poke him again when he wipes the blood off somewhere.

P.S. - I think Ryan may be the only child in the neighborhood with red polka-dot/skateboard bedding.

20. MommaRetta

MommaRetta Approved members

I can soooooo relate! I checked Stephen one night and was alarmed because it said 15! :eek: I immediately got into action, turned on all the lights, grabbed my phone, the glucagon and ran hysterically into Stephen's room. I told him what it was... he, being the calm cool collected 10 year he was at the time, said Mom, it's 115!! Oh........:eek: Sorry.. my child, go back to sleep now. I even posted on here when it happened...... LOL.

Oh, and we also do the hand wrestling. He moves and wiggles his hands for a few seconds and then calms down. Then, I'm able to check him. :cwds:

One night, while checking him, he sat straight up and said, 'I need Zero carbs!'. LOL