- advertisement -

Yikes

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by TripleThreat, Mar 12, 2008.

1. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

ok so today wasnt the best i had a new endo apptment this afternoon and i sit down and the nurse is looking at my logs and graphs and then

she said soo you are type 1 i say yes i am she
    then says so what kind of pills are you are :eek: i reply im on an insulin pump
    she says oh so you take insulin how many times a day i was speechless i said i have basal insulin once an hour and then bolus for my meals i am never without my pump

then she said so you give yourself injections for meals / i say no i give a bolus of insulin threw my pump

shes says oh ok then i knew she was lost then she starts going over my numbers and telling me to change certain dosages and wants to see my pump so reluctantly i hand it over shes is pushing buttons and asking questions she is on my bolus wizard setting and enters a glucose of 18 im 5 at this time and then goes to the carb count and says 140 carbs and preses ok i quickly grab my pump and suspend the dosage

thankfully that was the end of her on to the dietician that was great and got some good info from her

never got to see the endo rebooked appt for 2 weeks when have a1c done but requested a new nurse

to top things off i get home for supper and i go to use my pump and bolus wizard and i discover my down arrow on my pump is not working:mad:

so i call minimed and should have replacement tommorow morning i hope its a new pump and not a refurbished one

i just had to vent what an day

2. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Omg, Omg, Omg.

I would have RAN away!

3. TripleThreat

trust me the thought crossed my mind several times it was just so surreal

4. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

I would have high -tailed it to the nearest exit. Boy, Next time put your turn on the lock feature just in case you end up with the same or another idiot.

5. TripleThreat

i rerquested a new nurse the next visit we will see what happens that time

6. hypercarmona

hypercarmona Approved members

My policy is "look, but don't touch" especially if the person "looking" is an individual with limited diabetes knowledge, as obviously that endo is. ;)

I hope you made it clear that what she did (tried to do) could have led to a very bad situation.

7. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

Wow, she had some nerve with such a obvious lack of knowledge! Amazing!

8. TripleThreat

oh yes i let her have it i think the dietician took me earlier then i was suppose too everyone in office knew what happened i have a very loud angry voice