- advertisement -

Yet another rant about college.

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by diamondback688, Dec 11, 2008.

1. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

My English Comp professor is blind.

I had to write a research paper that was worth 20% of my final grade. I turned it in a couple of weeks ago and got it back today.

Does everyone here know what a parenthetical citation is? If you don't, it is this: (Author's last name, page number)

(Note: No comma, but I had to separate it somehow)

Well, I looked over my paper and the first thing I noticed is that she said that I didn't use parenthetical citations for two of the authors on my works cited page.

I just went through my paper and I highlighted five places where I used parenthetical citations for those two authors.

Oh, did I mention there is nothing I can do about the grade I received on my paper? My professor said at the beginning of class that we can't contest the grade we received.

By the way, I got a 50% if anyone was curious.

I hate college!

2. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Could you just go to him and ask what you could do to improve on future papers?

3. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

:eek:
    geez, there's nothing you can do? that seriously stinks:(
    and i think you might be righ about that person being blind! five places and she didn't even see two(one for each)?

4. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

Never mind. I e-mailed my professor to set up a meeting for tomorrow to discuss it. She said she wasn't going to be on campus.

But, she did say that she tallied up my final grade and I passed the class with a 'C'.

She said that even if my grade on the paper had been a bit higher, I still would've passed the class with a 'C'. Just a higher 'C'.