- advertisement -

Yet Another Emma Update

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Brensdad, Mar 23, 2010.

1. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

Your DD sounds wonderful. As the mom of a relatively newly-diagnosed five year old dealing only with diabetes, I know how much I worry about her future. I can only begin to imagine how much more complicated and serious your situation is. And yet, it's so fabulous to just enjoy those moments, when they learn something new or are just enjoying life.

Sending good thoughts your way.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  2. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

So sorry to hear about Emma's multiple health issues. I can relate to your comment about having "a lot of ists". Campbell sees an endocrinologist, an allergist, an immunologist (CVID) and a neurologist on a regular basis. We have had to modify his school schedule as well so he doesn't get too exhausted as he recovers from what should be simple childhood illnesses. It just isn't fair that our kids have not only D to deal with, but the other issues as well.:mad::(

I love your closing comment: "She's happy, smart, and of course cute as a button. And I'll take that." Best wishes and hugs to you and your family.

3. spamid

spamid Approved members

((((HUGS)))) and continuing prayers for all of you.

4. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

You sound like a wonderful dad to a very special girl. Your posts show that you have still managed to maintain a sense of humor during these stressful times. Helps keep us sane, right?

I'm sorry for all you and your daughter are going through. I do know what you mean about nodding your head and answering "fine" to all the well intentioned people who may not "get" what your life is all about with a chronically ill child. I find myself doing that too, and we only have T1 to deal with. There are only a handful of people that I truly lay all my cards out for. I think that is what makes CWD so special...that we don't have to pretend everything is peachy.

5. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

A good response is - "Very well under the circumstances." "She is a trooper." "She's happy and well cared for."

A sarcastic response - "Do you REALLY want to know?"

6. MySweethearts

MySweethearts Approved members

I wish I could give you all a big hug, so here (((((hugs))))). Your daughter sounds like a wonderful girl. I will pray for ya'll and I hope everything starts to look up from now.

7. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

I truly believe that the Lord will have a special reward for parents like you and Amy. May He bless you and your family.

Thanks for sharing your lives with us.

8. Tena

Tena Approved members

It was us!

Hey Nick, My daughter and I met your wife and little Emma yesterday at Texas Children's. My dd Emily was so thrilled to have met them. Emma is an absolute sweetheart and so is your wife. We love her blog (yours too, btw) and told her that we try to keep up with Emma often. She is always in our prayers.

I can totally relate to all the new dx's, my Emily is having some new problems too. Yesterday we were actually having the DNA Sequencing test done as they are saying her adrenal glands are not functioning properly and have no idea where to even begin treatment. They are now testing her for Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia.

I feel for little Emma, but yesterday when we saw her "after" getting her bloodwork, she was a happy little thing and asking for candy in the gift shop. What a trooper our kids are, True Heroes in my book.

Always remember, prayers are going up often in the Houston area for you all and your Emma.

9. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Nick, you and Amy are such amazing people. You and I may disagree about somethings but never about how precious that little girl is. She is so strong, my hero. I would like to be more like her one day. LYMI :cwds:

10. Toni

Toni Banned

I so hope you are wrong about her prognosis. You are going through hell and I hope things improve not degenerate. Is there any hope? I will pray for her. You are being modest; not really "cute as a button," more in the beautiful category. Well you've got the great doctors, well qualified, and I hope they can do something for her. Try not to lose faith. Emma was dealt a very rough hand and it is so unfair. There's got to be something the doctors can do.... P.S. glad you can cross the Chron's off your list!

11. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Thank you for sharing and for knowing that the people on this board are interested in the details and do care very much about Emma and your family.

12. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

No child should go through this.

13. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I totally relate to this.

Emma's such a wonderful child.

Thanks for the update. Wishing the best for your family.

14. simom

simom Approved members

Joining the others to send good thoughts and prayers for Emma, and all of you.

15. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

Thank you everyone for your kind words. She is truly the light of my life along with her awesome big brother, Brenden, who will be 11 next month. 11!

Some of you from my Facebook page saw a story I posted about them the other night. They get along REALLY well, and he is FIERCELY protective of her, which makes this even funnier.

I could hear Brenden crying from downstairs, so I went up to see what happened, and he said "Emma punched me in the eye" and Emma says "He called me a name!"

"What did you call her," I ask.

"A gross brat head."

So now they are both crying, and I'm doing my best to treat the incident with all due levity, but needless to say...it was funny.

16. wilf

wilf Approved members

I think almost all siblings have this sort of thing going. I fought ferociously with my brothers, but loved them fiercely nonetheless. And my girls get along great - except when they're fighting.. :rolleyes:

17. MelStan

MelStan Member

I'm so sorry that your family have so much heartbreak to deal with. Too much for one family, and far too much for a sweet little girl :(
    I think of you all often, and hope for the absolute best for Emma :cwds:

(Cute story btw :D)

18. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

{{{{{Emma********** You are way too adorable..I will keep you in my prayers..been following on facebook with Mommys updates too..
    As always you all will remain in my prayers..

19. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Emma is such a beautiful and sweet little girl, and it saddens me to read of all her medical issues. :( I'm glad you are all staying strong; you will remain in my prayers. Sending lots of hugs...

20. linda

linda Approved members

I was so happy to see emma's smiling beautiful face...Heart wrenching to feel your pain. You are wonderful to have such a good outlook and sense of humor. This is what she needs, this is the food that will make her strong. She will amaze you and all of us with many many miracles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The prayers and positive thoughts from this home have power too!!!!!!!!!!! We are here, and wishing you all of the happiness and joy you deserve!!!