- advertisement -

Yay! DS tried the Mio tonight

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MyBoys'Mom, Sep 11, 2011.

1. MyBoys'Mom

MyBoys'Mom Approved members

After 2 years of silhouettes (and 2 years of 45-60 minute emla sessions), ds did a mio tonight. He said he wanted to try one, so we got our box out, blew the dust off, and opened it. Tried to follow the instructions to no avail, so, as usual, youtube to the rescue.

I treid one on my belly first because my policy has always been that I won't make him do something I'm not willing to do first. I was ready for the pain, but it didn't come. Then it was his turn - yes, no, no, no, OK, let's get it over with. Easy peasy pumpkin pie!

So far, so good. It's crazy that, even at 12, they can still seem like scared little boys sometimes ;).

We'll see how it goes. It would be nice if set changes weren't an ordeal anymore :eek:.

I hope you all have a great night!

2. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I recently started using Mio's and I love them!! They are definitely less painful somehow, even though they're basically like the Quick-sets. Congrats to him! Haha, I'm 19 and I'm afraid to try a lot of things diabetes-wise!

3. sarahconnormom

sarahconnormom Approved members

We have been using Mios for over a year now and Connor loves them. He says he doesn't even feel when they go in most of the time. He used to always complain that the Quick-sets stung when they went in.

4. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

Actually, dd says that they really do hurt less. And I've heard that before too. I love that they come in pink but they seem not as attached to the tape as I'd like. Like the corners are not firmly secured down. How come the others don't come in pink?!?!

And yes I had no idea how many youtube D stuff is available. :D