- advertisement -

Yahoogroup for Texans

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by azettle, Oct 19, 2010.

1. azettle

azettle Approved members

Dear All,
    I have started a new yahoogroup for parents of type 1 diabetics in the DFW area. This group is NOT to take the place of this wonderful website. It is a group for families to find support in their immediate area. We had our last get together this last Sunday. The kids had a blast getting to know each other and the parents enjoyed each others company as well. If anyone in the DFW area is interested please contact me at aczettle@msn.com and I will give you more information about how to join this yahoogroup.
    Best Wishes,
    Alison ( Andrew 6years, dx: March 2010)

2. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

I joined the group on Monday and am just now seeing this.. How funny! I am an active member here!

3. azettle

azettle Approved members

Did you go to the Friends for Life conference in Florida this past July? We went and had a blast. It would be fun to get the members from the group together at the conference next July! So glad you joined:)

4. Caydens_Mommy

I have not been.. But would love to go.. Just way to much money for us at this point in time! I am glad to have found you guys!

5. suz

suz Approved members

bumping for more Texans!

6. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

There was a group in central Texas that was started a few years back -- it never took off. Good luck on this one!

I find that diabetes issues are the same no matter what part of the country you are in.

7. ashleesmommy

ashleesmommy Approved members

I joined several weeks ago and we have already met our first D kid :) Several families met again today and have another gathering planned in December that Im really excited about!! I think CWD is wonderful, but its nice to have some local peeps!! Hope to see more join :D

8. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Yes, it is fun to have a personal connection. I know of almost no one with diabetes and neither does my son. We see a group during a summer camp, but that is it.

9. azettle

azettle Approved members

We already have 40 members and we just started the group a little over a month ago. It is wonderful to see people connect and for the children to feel like they belong!

Best wishes,
    Alison (Andrew 6yrs, dx: March 2010)

10. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

I've run into shockingly few T1's here as well. One lives next door! The rest I have run into at the rec center.. and they've all been younger kids. I have met one T2 pumper though :)

11. Pebo Lantes

Pebo Lantes New Member

First time on this site...

curious about the yahoo group.

I am the father of a 15-yr old T1 (Dx'd July '10), and Celiac (Nov '10)

N. DFW area.

Would appreciate any info and links folks have for nervous moms. As if shots, lancets, glucogon kits and carb counting aren't enough...she's now learned 80% of what we could count....can't be counted anymore...grrrr.

12. azettle

azettle Approved members

Hi Pebo,

Send me an email and I will give you all the info. I have.

Best Wishes,

13. azettle

azettle Approved members

We had another fabulous get together with over 25 people! We had a wonderful time meeting and learning from other families who understand what we go thru everyday. It was also so nice to see the kids feel so relaxed and connected with each other:) In November it was in Frisco at Dave and Busters and this time the get together was at a member's home in Denton, with carb counts/factors and a scale at the end of the buffet table! Ages in the group range from 2 yrs-15yrs.

14. Caydens_Mommy

Sounds like you guys had a blast.. Wish we were closer so we could participate.. I hope to eventually find some people closer to my area! But if not maybe sometime we can travel to attend on of ya'll get togethers!

15. suz

suz Approved members

bumping again to see if there is anyone else in the DFW area interested in this support group that meets regularly!

16. CSU_Ram

CSU_Ram New Member

As Kieran would say, c'mon Y'all!

17. azettle

azettle Approved members

Our first get together of 2011 was great fun! The kids had a blast at Skatetown in Grapevine. Followed by more fun at Chic Fil A. Looking forward to the next one.

Alison(Andrew 6yrs, dx: March 2010)

18. supermomof3

supermomof3 New Member

Is this group still active I really want to get some info from some of the parent close to me

19. azettle

azettle Approved members

We are still active and going strong! We are planning a mom's night out and would love for you to join us:) If you are interested please send me an email.

Best wishes,

20. azettle

azettle Approved members

We had another fun filled get together last weekend! Can't wait for the next one:)

Alison
    Andrew 7yrs,
    dx:March 2010