- advertisement -

Xmas gifts for school nurses

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Gaia, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

I know its early but I need ideas for the 2 school nurses. They have been great w/ Joey's care, making sure I have his numbers emailed to me, calling whenever he's low or high or just to keep me up to date. When Joey was out w/ the flu, both of them emailed asking how he and the twins were and saying they missed him.

I cant think of anything. Im soooo tired. I worked 2nd shift last night, didnt get to sleep til after 2am and the alarm went off at 530. So any ideas would be appreciated. :cwds:

2. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I usually do a restaurant gift card to her favorite restaurant. and I make it a decent amount ;)

but, equally as good, and costs nothing, is a really heart felt letter saying how you really really feel about them. I know that without our nurse, I simply couldn't feel that Ian was safe. She's a blessing to me.

3. HarleyGuy

HarleyGuy Approved members

I sure can't beat this suggestion. It gives them a chance to go out for a nice meal without costing them a thing. Who wouldn't appreciate that?
    I'd do the heart felt letter as well. You just can not appreciate too much an indivual(s) who cares for your children properly.

4. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

There are 4 CWD at Connor's school. 3 of the parents went in together to purchase a scrub jacket for our school nurse. It has colorful fish on it, and she wears it almost every day. She was thrilled to receive it. I'm sure we'll get one again for her this year. Order early, because they run out of some of the patterns quickly. http://www.scrubs.com/category-s/108.htm

5. allisa

allisa Approved members

snuggie ? :p

6. Colleen

Colleen Approved members

ROFL thinking about the nurses in a snuggie.

7. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Last year we got this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Nurses-Night-Before-Christmas/dp/1589801520

They both loved it because they had worked in hospitals early in their career. We made up a little basket with that a mug, cookies and tea.

At the end of the year, the CWD families chip in and get a cert to a nice rest and we make sure it's for a good amount. They do so much for us.

Though, I have to say, they appreciate any gesture.

8. spamid

spamid Approved members

I always make unique cross stitch or needlepoint ornaments for the nurse. They have always seemed to like them, and the biggest investment is my time (which is also valuable).

9. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

really good hand lotion is great

10. caspi

caspi Approved members

We always give a gift card AND a hand written letter from Cameron. :)

11. Kayla and Ethan's Mom

Kayla and Ethan's Mom Approved members

A dozen red roses, a homemade treat tray and a heartfelt card is our plan for this year. Kayla's nurse is AWESOME!

12. mamamccoy87

mamamccoy87 Approved members

How about a gift certificate for a mani or pedi? That's what I'm thinking.