- advertisement -

Wow! The Ping remote has amazing range!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Melissa, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Melissa

Melissa Approved members

So, I'm a little off today....not feeling well. I have a cold... it may be the flu.

I gave the kids a bath before dinner. Put them in PJ's.

Got kids down stairs, checked Maddie's BG, corrected the BG, feed them dinner, gave Maddie a combo bolus.

Went back up stairs, brushed teeth, potty, read 5 million books...

Then I asked Maddie to give me the Dex from her spibelt, so I could rest on baby monitor....she lifts her nightgown: "mommy, I don't have a pump pouch!"

Yep! I didn't put the pump back on after bath!

So the Ping remote was in range from another floor of my house!!! And bolused! 3 times! However, the Dex wasn't picking her up!

Needless to say, Maddie's BG was super high after getting her pump back on!!

2. Lawana

Lawana Approved members

:DWe've done that too─bolused the vanity in the bathroom.

3. Mom2Deacon

Mom2Deacon Approved members

I have bolused Deacon from downstairs when he was upstairs :)

--Sara

4. Melissa

Melissa Approved members

But then sometimes she is 8ft away from me IN THE SAME ROOM and it won't bolus!

5. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Yep, I have done the same thing. Bolused the bed wear we left it after the bath.

6. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

It's' great because DD can run upstairs to her bedroom and I can finish bolusing her from the kitchen! So nice! Wish dex had half that range!

7. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Glad to hear that I am not the only one who has done that!!!! :D Bolused Tyler for dinner and a correction (for high bg:rolleyes:) and his pump was in his bag in the coat closet! One of the boluses he was upstairs and his pump was downstairs!!! Thankfully the second time HE noticed that his pump didn't vibrate and wasn't on!!! But we didn't received any pump communication errors on the meter and it was showing that he had IOB from dinner. :rolleyes:

8. Lizzie's Mom

Lizzie's Mom Approved members

Yup. If there are too many covers and I'm sitting right next to her bed, no go. From the den downstairs through sheet rock and studs and carpet - no problem :rolleyes:. Oh, but only if I'm leaning back on the couch, not forward ;).

That said, the remote is amazing :D! We love it!