- advertisement -

Wow...I'm slow

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by merckx, Nov 19, 2008.

1. merckx

merckx New Member

Hello All,

I Googled diabetes forums last night and found this place...good to be here...and not sure why it took me so long. Like many I received the recent article about the cancer drug link to Type I diabetes and wanted to see what others thought and were discussing. I found my answer here and so much more. 3 pages of new posts just today under Type I for parents is awesome. We have a 4 almost 5 year old who was diagnosed (dx'd ?) a few days after his 2nd birthday. Thankfully he is tougher than we are. We look forward to sharing some stories and possibly some insight in the forums as well as learning a whole lot. To pump or not to pump is our biggest dilemma at the moment and looks to be a hot topic.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

2. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to CWD. We're happy you've arrived!

3. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Welcome to the boards.. Everyone I must say is Great here and so helpfull. Not sure where i would be without this place..

4. BozziesMom

BozziesMom Approved members

Welcome! Glad to have you. Look forward to hearing more from you.

5. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

6. Zac's Mom

Zac's Mom Approved members

Welcome Dennis,
    Glad you are here but sorry that you have to be here.:)
    This place is my saving grace! If you ever have a problem, question or even
    just need to vent-this is the place. It is so comforting knowing that when
    you are here you are not alone. There is always someone heremwho knows what it feels like to walk in your shoes.
    Don't be shy!

7. merckx

merckx New Member

Thanks All,

There is lots and lots of great stuff here. When Landon was first diagnosed there was a support group in our smaller town, but that ended after a few months. This looks like a good place for an extended support group, already have learned about insurance and pumps which we are most concerned with attm. However most importantly we can relate to many of the threads and people in this community, so we will be here often.

Regards,

Dennis