- advertisement -

Would You Wrap D Stuff?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sooz, Dec 10, 2012.

1. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

I wouldn't gift a meter case or things strictly medical-related...but I can see gifting a pretty silver ID bracelet. Personally, a few years ago when my son started pumping, I bought him a stuffed "pump monkey" along with a cute book to go with it ("Pumpernickel the Pump Monkey") and gave it to him for Christmas. He loved it. I didn't think of that as reminding him of his D (not that he isn't reminded every day:(), just a way of showing support for his new gadget (he loved his pump from the beginning...so there were no big negative feelings there).

I think it is very individualized to the personality and age...as well as the gift being given.

2. KyleBugsMom

KyleBugsMom Approved members

My son asked Santa for a pump pack from Too Sweet Boutique! I guess it really depends on the situation. Lol! *I* asked for Verio test strips for my son's new meter Christmas this year! Oh well, I'll get them when we can place or next mail order.:p

3. buggle

buggle Approved members

I just asked my 12 year old. He doesn't see anything wrong with getting D-related stuff as long as its a belt or ID or something like that. He doesn't want medical supplies, but he said that accessories would be fine.