- advertisement -

Worst Day Ever.

Discussion in 'Teens' started by malyssa, Mar 30, 2009.

1. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Well, today I woke up not feeling well. I had a headache, and my stomach hurt kinda badly. My blood sugar was 207, so I decided to test for ketones, just to see if that was what was making me feel bad. Ketones were negative. Okay, that part was good...well, as the day progressed, I got worse, (sorry for the blunt grossness :eek: that will follow) and started puking my brains out. :( Ketones went up, as bg went down. A few hours after this all started, I was taken to the ER because of Large ketones and dehydration. Not fun at all. I got sick numerous times on my way there (the hospital my endo is out of is an hour away) and I just felt like garbage. I was there for 5-6 hours, had blood work done twice, two bags of fluid, and three bags of anti-nausea stuff. So they released me finally, after I was able to tolerate some regular ginger ale. I am happy to be out of there. They sent me home with a perscription for zofran (anti-nausea medicine) and told me to just keep testing bg and drinking regular fluids until I can handle food.

Well, it's after 11pm here, and I'm totally beat, so I am off to bed...just wanted to share my day with you guys as I'm sure you understand how sucky diabetes+stomach virus is. :( I hope I'll be good now.

Malyssa

2. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

That really stinks! Glad you are back home and hopefully (crosses fingers) starting to get better. I have been extremely blessed and have not had a true stomach bug/flu in years. Though I had a bad afternoon (up to 587) because at some point idk when, my tubing broke so I wasn't getting any insulin! And it didn't help that I was out of ketone strips so I had to run to walmart and actually buy them. I hope your meds help and d cooperates. Rest up and feel better ~Healthy wishes~

3. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Ugh I'm so sorry that happened Malyssa! :(. ((((hugs)))) I've had to use zofran a few times before, and it worked pretty good for me.

4. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Thanks, Rae. Sorry you had such a bad afternoon! I've never had my tubing totally break before...thats crazy! :eek: And no ketone strips!!!!!! What a day! I hope you came down and ketones were negative!

Thanks, Emily. Yeah, it definately sucks. The last time this happened I was admitted over night, so I'm happy I got to come home this time. An IV and two other pokes for bloodwork was no fun, so I'm super happy I got to leave before they tried to get more!

I'm feeling much better today. I haven't eaten anything yet, but I've been drinking regular soda and sucking on life savers. BG has been behaving well, with only a .90 basal running since yesterday. I will try and eat something a little later..I have to go to work tomorrow afternoon, so I want to be good to go by then. Thanks for the well wishes everyone! :cwds:

5. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

awe man, thats terrible!! I hate those kinds of days. :( I'm glad your out of the ER now, and I hope you start feeling better soon. ((((hugs)))))

6. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I'm sorry you had such a crappy day. :(

Hope you're feeling way better soon. **hug**

7. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I'm sorry Malyssa. That really sucks. I'm glad to hear that you are atleast home now.

8. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

Malyssa I am so sorry you got so sick like that!

Happy to hear you are home now. How are you feeling now?

9. karpoozi123

karpoozi123 Approved members

How you feelin?

10. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I am feeling MUCH better! Thanks for asking and for your well wishes everyone! :)