- advertisement -

Work & Income Benefits

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by ruralmum, Nov 23, 2007.

  1. ruralmum

    ruralmum Approved members

    Oct 28, 2007
    Does anyone know the difference between the 'Child Disability Allowance' and the 'Invalids Benefit' available when Type 1 children turn 16?:cwds:
    Thanks, Heather.
  2. Scotty

    Scotty Approved members

    Oct 3, 2007
    My understanding is that the "invalids benefit" is a main benefit. It is for those people who are permanently and severely restricted in their ability to work because of sickness or illness. Permanent being the factor which WINZ uses to separate peoples entitlement from receiving the "sickness benefit". Both the Invalids and Sickness benefits are main benefits, while the "Disability Allowance" (not the Child Disability Allowance) is extra assistance. The disability allowance is the adult equivilent to the child one, however there are some people who receive both the child disability allowance and the disability allowance. The disability allowance is an income tested allowance. Hope this helps.

Share This Page

- advertisement -

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice