- advertisement -

With Dexcom G5 Does Dexcom Studio Still Work?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sszyszkiewicz, Oct 24, 2015.

1. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

So our new transmitters are being shipped.

Assuming we use the old receiver (we have the Dexcom G4 with Share that can be updated) will Dexcom Studio still work with the G5 after the receiver is converted to G5?

2. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Not sure but dexcom clarity is the new software and it is amazing. You don't have to upload. Just log on with your dex account log in info and it automatically updates. It is totally web based so no software to download either.

3. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Dumb question: Does Dexcom Clarity work with a Mac?

4. dianas

dianas Approved members

Yes it does and it's much easier than trying to deal with Studio or Portrait on the Web. Once it's installed if the receiver is downloaded it will automatically download as soon as you hook receiver up. With Gen 5 your data automatically populates to clarity and I can even access from IPad in Safari. So if you use IPhone as receiver all you need to do is log in.

To answer sszyszkiewicz question I don't think Gen 5 works with Studio. I remember asking Dexcom support at one time but I do not totally remember the answer.

5. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

How about diasend? I love seeing pump and dex data side by side.

6. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

Thanks everyone. I am probably in the minority these days, but I personally like software that sits on my own computer. One less login. One less dependency on the internet.

So we will take Clarity for a spin when the time comes.

Change is inevitable.

7. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

The benefit of the internet is that you can share your numbers directly with your Dr. Whenever I reach a point where I struggle with analyzing the patterns and figuring out what to change, I just upload the numbers to Diasend and drop the nurse and email and let her know they're up there and what's going on - she'll email me some suggestions. It's great!

8. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Agreed. And I am so happy that you can now easily upload from a Mac, it's about time. I would email our nurse, explain the problem and then all she had to do was go online and look at things.

9. dianas

dianas Approved members

I don't think Diasend works with Gen 5 yet. My understanding is they are working on it.