- advertisement -

Wisconsin Dells???

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by hrermgr, Mar 9, 2011.

1. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

We are off to the Dells this weekend. Wondering if anyone has ideas for GF places to eat...we are staying in a Villa at the Wilderness so will have full kitchen for making a lot of meals but it would be nice to go out to for meal, too. I did some on-line research and came up with Uno and The Cheese Factory as options...wondering if any of you have had GF successes at the Dells!

2. aklap

aklap Approved members

I've got a GF friend that frequents that area, I'll see if she has any recs. I know she usually stays in a place with kitchen too, but she may go out on a occasion.

I haven't been there since I've been GF.

Have fun!!

3. aklap

aklap Approved members

Ok here's where I found out. My friend takes her diet very seriously and investigates places thoroughly. I trust her opinions on places.

Hope this helps!

My friend said she stopped at the Uno's there - she was not very impressed with the knowledge level of 2 of the employees, so she opted out.

4. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

Wow! Thanks, Al! Much appreciated! I do think we'll do a lot of our own cooking...but it's nice to have recommendations and ideas from other people just in case! We did hear about the Kalahri restaurant...may be a good option. I do think we'll stop by Uno's too....they have a GF menu.

5. aklap

aklap Approved members

You're welcome! It just goes to show...it's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know. LOL Special thanks to my friend to T for putting together that list.

6. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

You are correct--it's WHO you know!!! And yes, thanks to your friend.

7. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

There is an Uno's pizza on the main drag that has GF pizza.

8. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

We ate at Unos one night--all the other meals we had in our Villa. Unos was great! They had a nice size gluten free menu and the our waitress was well informed. She told us a manager over sees the preparation of gluten free meals and actually brings the meal to us. And that is exactly what happened. T loved it!

9. aklap

aklap Approved members

Glad to hear you had a good time!