- advertisement -

Wireless mic from Radio shack

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by ecs1516, May 2, 2009.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I find that the Dexcom is not as loud as the Navigator. Does anyone know which wireless mic people get from Radio shack?

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Would you be able to just set it beside a baby monitor?

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I don't have those anymore.

4. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

For right now, see if you can borrow a baby monitor. Try Freecycle. I wouldn't invest yet until you know you are making the change.

5. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I just stashed the baby monitor away. I'll have to dig.

7. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

Carol I am able to hear Alli's with a baby monitor. I think all the hoopla with the wireless mic is for an integrated system. Parents were having issues with hearing them under the blankets and in a pump pouch.

8. selketine

selketine Approved members

Out of curiosity - are you able to have the Dexcom in your bedroom and you can't hear it there or does the range it has means it needs to stay in her room and you want to be able to hear it in your room through a baby monitor?

9. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

The range is 5 feet for us. He can walk to the other side of his bedroom with the Dexcom on the nightstand and it goes out of range. Navigator range rocks.

10. Mouchakkaa

Mouchakkaa Approved members

We used a baby monitor before and with all the static I found myself not waking up right away. We do use the radio shack mic and it works really good at waking me up as soon as the monitor goes off at night. The only draw back is that you have to use batteries in the mic. We use recharable ones and they last approximately 3 nights (this was the same with regular batteries as well). The problem is that if I forget to replace the batteries the mic will die in the middle of the night and I will no longer hear the Dexcom.

11. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

My old Sony baby monitors worked great, no static. I can't find them. I think I gave them to goodwill.

12. kateuhl

kateuhl New Member

college student

What if you have a college student living away from home and they can't hear the alarm? That's one of the main reasons we are getting one for our son.