- advertisement -

Wireless, Implantable Glucose Sensor Could Revolutionize Diabetes Treatment

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by Ellen, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

2. mamamccoy87

mamamccoy87 Approved members

thanks for the link. Saw this on tv - awesome, but it would be great if it could last longer, like a pacemaker where battery only needs to be changed every 3-7 years. But, still better than every 3 - 7 days:)

3. Mike&Dans.Mom

Mike&Dans.Mom Approved members

Ellen,

You always have the most fascinating info. Where and how to you get these links?

4. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

I'm obsessed LOL. Twitter, numerous email lists, news searches, ....but now that I work 2 jobs, I have far less time and am slipping in keeping up!

5. rickst29

rickst29 Approved members

interesting that the location was San Diego ...

I wonder if (maybe) the company, and or the UCSD research, relates to discoveries and research from Dexcom's often-mentioned "Long Term Sensor" project.

6. Ali

Ali Approved members

If I recall my readings over the past twenty years I believe implantable devices, pumps and CGMS have been "researched" by many. I believe at one point they had insulin delivery that was implanted, I may be wrong. The issue is always the size of the device, the scar tissue, the battery life, the replacement risks. If they could have this device upload to my pump that would be great, I do not want the cell phone app or a separate device from the pump to carry. With the CGMS you actually glance at it regularly, so having to pull it out separate from your pump or out of your bag or pocket would be a pain for me. Not having two devices attached would be great. :cwds:Ali