- advertisement -

Why other parents are better than you

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by joy orz, Feb 21, 2012.

1. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

;)

Very true. Very funny.

Thanks for posting.

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Just for the record, I hate driving a stick-shift.:p

Too funny.

4. PixieStix

PixieStix Approved members

Thanks for the laugh on what has been a very rough morning in our house. I must be a terrible mom to have the disrespectful children who screamed, fought and argued with each other and me all before 8am. Even the dogs are fighting with each other. Sigh...

5. bnmom

bnmom Approved members

Parents who let their kids eat Chicken McNuggets from the garden hose

Oh yeah. :cwds:

6. Connor's Mom

Connor's Mom Approved members

Had to LOL at the Chuck Norris one! I mean who could live up to Chuck Norris? Just being their kid made them better parents haha!

7. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

I'm laughing and crying right now...It's been a trying day with all the parenting stuff PLUS the craziness of diabetes, sensory integration, emotional dysfunction, homeschooling and what ever else goes on in my house. I think I had everyone crying at once at some point this morning :eek:
    He did miss out that list: Parents of a child with a chronic illness/disability and parents who adopt. Roller coaster! thanks for sharing :)

8. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

This is so true.

9. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

Oh hang in there! Sounds like my house!

10. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Oy, thanks for this.
    What about those parents who think they know the best for everybody? :rolleyes: I seem to have encountered more than a handful of those.

11. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

Thanks for the laugh!

I deal with a different sort, those who have no kids and are better parents than me:D

12. selketine

selketine Approved members

I didn't know Free Range Chickens could clean a house? I might have to look into that.....

Oh wait - it says "hose down" a house. Hmm...

13. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

Those are my favorite. But I mean they do know so much! They used to babysit their little cousins ya know. :rolleyes:

14. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

My sister had her kids first, and I was CERTAIN I knew better how to raise them. :rolleyes:

I must have eaten my own words six dozen times since I've had my own. :p Sorry Sis!

15. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

I think it's been that way since the beginning of time. I recall my mother telling me stories about how an aunt who had no kids used to look at my brother (he was 2 at the time and I was not yet born) and say "when I have kids they will NEVER to that". Some of my friends and I have experienced the same sort of thing. You know those sort of statements? People think their toddlers will never cry, never take their pigtails out, never refuse to eat, never pee their pants, never have a messy room, on and on,etc. :rolleyes: People who don't have kids always always know how to parent better than those of us who do have kids. And they always will. ;)

16. PixieStix

PixieStix Approved members

I had my first son at 36, so I WAS the person who said "does that mom really think we are all enjoying listening to her kid scream on the plane" and "when I have kids, they'll never_____". I always had dogs I treated like my kids, and boy was I shocked at how hard it actually is to be a mom. Sometimes I think I should have stuck with dogs while I was ahead.:)