- advertisement -

Why am I still crying?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by momto3girls, Dec 9, 2009.

1. tesa

tesa Approved members

My daughter wants the Omnipod, too. We have the ok, but are waiting on insurance issues.

Becky is right about others just not understanding and shrugging it off, they will never understand. It is very frustrating and you want people to "get" it and know what it takes to handle this daily, but unfortunately they do not. This has been a major thing for me to grasp. Thankfully we have this forum and our FB friends. I don't know what I would do without them.

2. momto3girls

momto3girls Approved members

[QUOTE We had to wait for the 6 month mark as well and just started it this morning. How much longer is it untill she has hit the 6 month mark? /QUOTE]

When he said 6-9 more months it was at her last appointment so that means that he basically wants her to wait a year after diagnosis. A couple of people have told me to take her to Arnold Palmer in Orlando (about an hour away) because they are more willing to put them on a pump than the doctors over here on the coast are.

Luckily my Nat is great about taking her injections. I can't imagine having to give them to a 2 year old!!! If it were my 7 year old daughter I would be in BIG trouble. She won't even let us near her with a needle!

3. momto3girls

I will send you a friend request. My name is Kim Tate Mobley.:)

4. momto3girls

5. momto3girls

6. cmsullivan

cmsullivan Approved members

That seems like a long time to wait, especialy since it is something that you and your daughter agree that you want to do. It is great that she is good about the injections in the mean time.

I couldn't help but giggle a bit about your 7 year old not letting you near her with a needle. My 4 year old was like that for a while and seemed kinda freaked out when Leland would have his sugar checked etc. Now he tells us that he wants his sugar checked too. Then I remind him that Leland is the one with diabetes and he isn't. Then he tells me all about the bear that Leland got when he was in the hospital (the JDRF bear). LOL

7. sooz

sooz Approved members

Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying

I was watching PBS tonight and they did an Ed Sullivan retrospective ..all you young parents are probably too young to even know who he was...but he had a variety show on Sunday Nights for years in the 60s and 70s and he introduced a lot of musicians to America including the Beatles and that was what this show was about. One of the groups that sang on his show that I saw again tonight was named Gerry and the Pacemakers and they had a song called "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying" and I thought of this thread as I listened to the words of the song:

Don't let the sun catch you crying
    The night's the time for all your tears
    Your heart may be broken tonight
    But tomorrow in the morning light

The nighttime shadows disappear
    And with that go all your tears
    For the morning will bring joy
    For every girl and boy
    Don't don't don't don't let the sun catch you crying

You know that crying's not a bad thing
    But stop your crying when the birds sing
    So don't let the sun catch you crying

Tomorrow in the morning light
    Everything gonna be all right

You can listen to the music at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwS7HWZYEYU

The song came out in 1964 when I was in high school lol..

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  8. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

Kim, my 11 year old daughter is in all star cheerleading, and I can tell you that YES, I consider that a sport! It's like four hours of aerobics at a time around here. Wreaks havoc with blood sugar numbers for us every single week!! Jayden was a competitive gymnast, and I'd say the amount of work involved was pretty near the same.

So yes, cheerleading - at least this kind - is a sport for sure! :)

9. SherryFromCAli

SherryFromCAli Approved members

First of all I'm sending you a big {{{{{hug**********. I, too question "why am I still crying?" My 12yr old son was diagnosed 16 months ago and I still cry......a lot!! I cry because diabetes sucks and I hate the fact that my son has to live like this!!! On the other hand, I also cry because I couldn't be prouder of him. I cry when he hits a homerun in baseball or scores a touchdown in football or when he gets A's on his report card - all while living with diabetes!! I cry because he has come so far from where he was 16 months ago!! My closest friends are the only ones who see me cry. All I have to say is "I'm having a bad diabetes day" and they let me have my cry and offer their support. All I can say is, it's ok to cry and let it out.

10. StageMom

StageMom Approved members

I'm sorry. We are very new to this. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since my 9 year old son was diagnosed with type 1. I cry a lot. I didn't in the beginning, but I'm losing it a lot lately. I think I'm just so tired, and this whole thing is so disruptive to our lives. I know it will get better. Maybe you are still crying because it really is a loss. Whenever we experience a loss, we grieve. It doesn't have to be a death, but diabetes has robbed you and your daughter of what was a "normal" life. Your whole family has experienced a loss. Maybe the trick is to find blessings in the loss. I've been trying to stay positive, but sometimes it's really hard. However, I keep telling myself that somehow God has allowed this into our lives for a purpose, and ultimately for a good purpose. I don't understand it either, but I have to trust that God will somehow bring blessing to us as we travel this journey and hopefully, we can bring blessing to others. I hope you have a relaxing day today.

11. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

Ditto ditto ditto! I'm not to the acceptance part yet, but we are rolling with it... (((((big hugs)))))) to you!

12. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

Just wanted to offer my cyber hugs and support. Even after 11 years, I still cry and want to hide my head in the sand some days. Most days are good, but some are just horrible. There are some days that between the 2 of them, I can't see straight. Then I have days where diabetes flies low under the radar. But there are NEVER days where I don't think about it. I really feel like, long term, that's what becomes more exhausting, then mental energy it takes to keep up with it all. Luckily, my girls are amazing and heroic, and inspire me to keep going!

13. belacyrf

belacyrf Approved members

When my son was diagnosed two years ago, my wife and I cried for a couple days straight. Watching the ones you love who, as kids, have full hope for a wonderful future run into a wall like this is sooo painful.

My son has been a major trooper, but every now and then he'll just say "I wish I didn't have diabetes", and I have to encourage him that he's doing so well. And that it's nothing he did, it's one of those things that are truly "unfair" but he needed to be strong.

My prayers and thoughts are with all parents watching the most beloved things on earth have to deal with this extremely life altering issue.

14. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Sherry, you are blessed to have those friends. Some of us here have lost friends because of this whole thing with diabetes. They just couldn't handle it -- the emotions, the vents, etc. That's why I think this forum is great.

15. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Hugs...
    and I think we all cry every now and then -- whether it's been a year, two years, 6 months, 4 months... And our CWDs will once in a while say they don't want to have diabetes. I mean, who would want it?
    You're not alone.

16. tamara

tamara New Member

jan 6 my 5yr old daughter will have had diabetes for 2yrs, honestly everyone says it gets easier, its hard to belielve some days, but i cry on a daily basis. we have excepted that we cant change this so we just have to make it threw together. this is the worst thing i have ever had to deal with an well im trying my best to be strong for my daughter but its so hard. i understand, as im sure all of us here do, what u feel. to cry is ok to me it helps me keep my sanity sometimes. makes me feel better to just let it loose and scream into the pillow, that its sooo not fair that my daughter has to deal with this rather than me! keep ur head up! be strong!