advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's headed where for college this fall?

Discussion in 'Parents of College Kids and Young Adults with Type' started by Illinifan, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

Zach decided that he and my money will be going to Miami University (Ohio) to study physics this fall.

Where is everyone else's freshmen headed?

2. ciarak

ciarak Approved members

I'm hoping to go to Galway University (NUIG, Ireland) to study medicine in september :)

3. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

My son will be going to University of Texas at Austin -- only 5 miles from his house and 1 mile from his high school. He was hoping to go out of town.

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Good luck to you and all of your kids! I'm coming up on a year at college, it's crazy. And I'm happy to try to answer any questions anyone has. :)

5. marci65

marci65 Approved members

My son, too, is headed for UT Austin. :) We live in the Dallas area so we are happy to have him in state. The 4-hour drive to Austin is a snap compared to the other schools we visited.

6. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Long shot, but anyone headed for Cambridge, UK?

7. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

We live about 45 minutes from Miami University. PM me for our contact information, so Zach has a family nearby, just in case.

8. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

My son is. :eek: He still has not made a decision yet as to which school he wants to go to, he has until May 1st:rolleyes:, but it will be a college in New York.

9. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

Connor is headed to Manhattan --- either Fordham or Pace.

He visits Fordham tomorrow so hopefully a decision will be made in the next few days...:D

10. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

With a May 1 deadline to decide, you will know soon which school he will attend.

It is quite fortunate when a college applicant has a choice. There are so many factors that go into getting to college -- you have to apply to the right schools, be accepted, and then be able to afford the tuition.

11. wdhinn89

Fordham is in the running for us too along with Stonybrook and Hofstra. Fordham is my first choice and it was Alex's but he is starting to sway because of the commute he will have ever day. We visit Stonybrook tomorrow for the second time. I just hope he hurry up and decides. This is driving me crazy:(

12. nwillard

nwillard New Member

Washington State

My daughter will be going to Washington State University in Pullman. Anyone in that area?

13. MrsBadshoe

Would he be going to Rose hill or Lincoln Center?

It will be April 30th I think before we have a final decision. He really likes Fordham but there are is a Federal grant and loan they didn't include on the FA package. I think it's because we missed the original deadline of Nov. 15th. We are asking them to review it again before Monday in hopes that they will add it on. We totally qualify but they have a "campus" formula for deciding who they offer it too....The stress of the decision is killing me....

14. wdhinn89

He would go to Lincoln Center. We live on Long Island so he would commute and take the railroad.

He changed his mind and he is deciding between Hofstra and Fordham now. Last night he said he wanted to go to Hofstra because he does not think he could handle the 3 hour daily commute. If he was working and getting paid, it would be different but not for school.

I love Fordham but it is his decision. He has to be happy. I am still going to wait before I pay the deposit to Hofstra in case he changes his mind again :rolleyes:

Are you talking about the Stafford loan. I heard the interest was suppose to go up on the Stafford loan to 6.8%. Obama is pushing to keep it at 3.4% though.

Good Luck on the decision making and let me know the final out come

15. MrsBadshoe

Connor is officially going to Fordham.

I can see how a 3 hr commute would be long for a college kid. Good luck to him.

16. wdhinn89

Congratulations Connor!!! I love Fordham.

If Connor ever needs anything at all, you can always count on me. We can hop in the car and be in Manhattan in 45 minutes.;)

Good Luck!

17. Stacey Nagel

Stacey Nagel Approved members

I'm about an hr from both... near the beach...... tell Conner to come hang out ! Jesse will be starting his 3rd year at SUNY Buffalo !!
    Stacey

18. Stacey Nagel

Stacey Nagel Approved members

thats very close to Michelle Rago...
    when will he start??

19. MrsBadshoe

Thanks for the offer but his sister actually lives about 2 miles straight down 8th street in Chelsea.

He starts Aug 28th I believe. We will see you in July though.

20. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

I can't believe I'm saying it after the madness that was nursing school (ADN), but I wish I were going back to school again! I have been accepted to 2 RN to BSN completion programs, but don't have the finances to start yet... feeling the excitement of all of your guys kids, it kinda makes me wish I were in school again... what can I say, I'm a nerd - ACTUALLY, I wish I were in a nursing Master's program... but BSN comes first... unless I can find an RN to MSN program that I could get into and afford... *sigh*...