- advertisement -

Whoops~kind of funny

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by KeltonsMom, Mar 29, 2008.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

Apparently I was talking very fast today and Kelton and Nik had a friend over today and Nik looked at me funny and asked me if I was high, their friend looked at me as if I just grew horns out of my head :eek:

I kept talking and Kelton asked me again in a louder voice if I was high again, I looked at him and told him I would test and find out, yep I was high :eek:

The look on this kid's face was priceless I am sure he thought that my boys were talking about me being high on drugs LOL

He was so relieved when I showed him my meter and it said HI, he then said "ooohhhh, that kind of high":D

2. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Funny, but great that your son could recognize those symptoms.

3. KeltonsMom

Yes, I am proud of them both..I did not feel different in any way so I was clueless, I just felt talkative and this is out of the ordinary for me since I am usually very quiet.

4. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I get the run at the mouth kid of talking when mine is low, I just keep rambling on and my husband and family tell me I need to test.

5. KeltonsMom

It is pretty amazing how D affects people differently..

Tonight has been nothing but highs for me, I am not sure why..

I was rambling again and my husband said to me "Honey, don't take this the wrong way, but I think you should test"

Smart man, I was 440 :eek:

My numbers were on the way up starting yesterday, so I wonder if I am coming down with something again...

My period is not due for another 3 weeks so that is not it :confused:

6. Ali

Ali Approved members

FyI
    I used to run very high for three days mid cycle and then very very low for 24 hours before my period started. I was not that regular in my cycles but always knew when I ran very low that my cycle would start within 24 hours ad then could backtrack to the two to three high days as being a mid cycle time for that month. Ali

7. KeltonsMom

This makes sense..I run low a few days before my cycle starts..

I will keep track of when this happens and see if it happens every month..Gotta love hormones :rolleyes:

When any of you have elevated glucose numbers do you find yourself breathing faster? Kind of like you are finding it hard to catch your breath? Maybe I am just nervous over the highs...I did a correction and I have gone down 30 points in the past hour, but I am not sure if I should do another correction..I am now down to 412

8. Ali

Ali Approved members

I would feel very bad at that number. But since your short acting should peak at between one and one and half hours I would check at 90 minutes post your last correction and see were you are at and then decide if you should recorrect. Correcting highs is difficult because your body will be stubborn to the correction and then flip. So if you have the patience check at 90 minutes, correct or leave and then check 60 minutes later. If you can try and work towards getting your numbers to never go above 250. I know you are in a difficult in between situation so am afraid to even offer any thoughts.:eek: Good Luck Ali

9. KeltonsMom

I went down to 320 and did another correction..I am treating a low now :eek:

10. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

That is because you still had active insulin still working and then you corrected again and you ended up low. Stacking.

11. KeltonsMom

Your right..You know I know how to do this with my child, but I am still learning how to do this first hand..:rolleyes:

12. Bob @ Joy of Diabetes

Bob @ Joy of Diabetes Approved members

Goofy....

when I'm low....sometimes philosophical...I see higher meaning and the little things dont become what they were when placed in the center as they were chosen for the depth of eternity as the heavenly masses place their meaning upon time..........whoooaaaa time to check ;)

13. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

OMG, this cracked me up....HIGH-five! Oh, I meant LOW-five:eek:

14. Bob @ Joy of Diabetes

Bob @ Joy of Diabetes Approved members

Thanks.......sounds like others sometimes wax philosophical when low?

15. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

Kussmaul respirations are a sign of DKA... this is when you are breathing rapidly but taking VERY deep breaths and exhaling very deeply as well, just rapidly....

16. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

That was funny. By the way, do you have a new kitten in the house. He sure looks cute.