- advertisement -

Who is using the new T:slim pump?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ecs1516, May 8, 2013.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

2. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Started T-slim 8 days ago. Fantastic! The biggest difference was changing the insulin cartridge, but it was easy enough to figure out on our own. Very user friendly. The battery seems to hold a LONG time, and we're trying to get in the habit of plugging it into the computer nightly while Carson is in the shower. It charges very quickly (like 10 minutes or less) and will upload to the computer at the same time.

3. Mermaid

Mermaid Approved members

Is it possible to re-use the reservoirs if need be?

4. suzyr

suzyr Approved members

We were told in training that you would not be able to reuse...that was six months ago and perhaps someone has tried to, we have not.

5. wvchinacat

wvchinacat Approved members

We have been using the T slim for both my DD and DH for about 2 months. DD has no trouble with Apidra - she is having trouble with her BG - but the pump and Apidra do not seem to be the problem - she has the same patterns and difficulty with Novolog or Humalog in the pump. We do change the cartridge and site on day 3 and LOVE the reminder for the site change! The only thing I worry about is if we were ever to need to get the insulin out of the current cartridge (like my husband used to do with pods - when they malfunctioned) We have not had to do that yet . .

We do forget to charge and are trying to get on a better schedule for that - but she has gone over a week before and it was still at about 60% and like previous posters stated - with a 10 min. charge - she was back up to full power in about 10 minutes. I have even plugged her in while she was asleep!

I also LOVE how easy it is to upload the data - takes less than a minute and give tons of data. The Ping used to take us FOREVER to upload.

We did not have to change sets - which was a plus for DD. DH is still getting used to tubing - coming from the Omnipod - but he was having so many occlusions with the pod and has not had one since starting the Tslim. He does find that Apidra does not work as well for him so he uses Novolog - however - Apidra seems to be doing fine for DD and we get it free - so while it works and is free - we plan to continue using Apidra with Tslim