- advertisement -

Which meter do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Turtle1605, Mar 14, 2012.

1. jules12

jules12 Approved members

My ds uses one touch meters. We have tried the freestyle lite and loved the light on the meter. We have also tried the Accuheck but the strips see to come in a larger container than one touch. My son likes things that can go in his pockets when he is out....so he prefers a one touch mini and delica poker for those times. I like that one touch strips work with all their meters. Even though I hate the ultralink meter with no back light - my son prefers to use it because he doesn't have to enter his bg so that is what he uses at school and home.

FYI - While one touch does have coding - it is the same code for all strips now so that is not an issue.

2. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

I just called Nova Max and Medtronic and Nova Max won't link to meter if you are using CGM only One Touch will.

3. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

We like the freestyle lite. We've tried several one touches, hated them all. The one that comes with the pump is ridiculous. My daughter has used both the aviva and the contour at camp and like them both. For now we stick with the lite, however is abbotts customer service gets any worse, we'll be switching to the aviva or the contour.

4. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

We like the novamax too. Not sure which pump you have but Novamax links to minimeds. We have both types they are more acurate.

5. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

My daughter says she was told that the old pump wouldn't do both, but the Revel does. This is a case of "we'll see what happens when we try" I expect.:rolleyes:

6. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

Oh, please let me know if it links when using the CGM .. they said it would link to the Revel pump ONLY if you were NOT using CGM but if you were using CGM it would not link ...

I would love to try the meter out based on the reviews ... so please pass on whether or not it does link if using CGM

Thanks

7. mom2ejca

mom2ejca Approved members

Aviva is hands-down our favorite.

We also liked the Contour USB, especially for night testing. Dd's main complaint was that it doesn't beep like the Aviva:)

I wouldn't give OneTouch another chance even if they paid me to try a new meter;)

8. Hudson_Rocks

Hudson_Rocks Approved members

We prefer the Freestyle Lite, but insurance forced a switch to Bayer Contour strips, so we now use the Bayer USB meter. I like the bells & whistles on that one :)

We also used the Bayer meter that holds the "wheel" of strips, but at the time were paying for those OOP. It's handy but the meter is clunky, for lack of a better word.

9. Hudson_Rocks

Hudson_Rocks Approved members

I will never understand decisions like this about health care. Never.

10. mamamccoy87

mamamccoy87 Approved members

We have 2 one touch ultralinks. I like the fact that I can link them to Grace's pump and her bgs will be put in automatically (a bonus for a kid who is too busy to put her sugar in her pump)!

I am interested in learning more about the telecate meter with iphone/ipad app that will communicate numbers wirelessly from the meter. Anyone have experience with this?

Plus, as I'm sure everyone would agree, all meters should have backlights/lights on them standard - no ifs ands or buts!

11. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

I checked to make sure the nova max meter that links to the Medtronic pump works when my DD is using her cgm. It does, But it is not the blood and ketone meter it is a black/gray meter. We have both and use one for sick days the other rest of the time. Although I pay for the strips without insurance as they won't over them.

12. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

Accucheck Aviva is our favorite too, with Freestyle Lite in a close second. We have the novamax that came with her pump/cgm but didn't like it as well as the accucheck or freestyle (read: my daughter doesn't like change).