- advertisement -

Which mail order do you use?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MySweethearts, Aug 16, 2009.

1. MySweethearts

MySweethearts Approved members

I have been thinking about doing mail order and would love input, thank you:D

2. 22jules

22jules Approved members

We have aetna insurance and they have their own mail order. I also have used Express scripts before that. I love getting the supplies sent to my house every 90 days--seemed like I was always running to the pharmacy (cvs) and they were always screwing up. We have had no problems with insulin-always comes overnighted with ice packs-and since I'm home during the day, it doesn't sit too long. One time it did come when we were doing a day trip to Catalina--sat all day at my covered front--and the insulin was still cold.

3. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

I use Fifty 50 Pharmacy http://www.fifty50pharmacy.com/. Half their profits support diabetes research, but they are very responsive and send out the order the day I make it (when I call in the morning).

The order always comes promptly.

4. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

I use Medco..based in Kentucky is where Amandas supplies including insulins comes from.

5. Daniel's Mom 1993

Daniel's Mom 1993 Approved members

I use Walgreens Mail order - I have not had any trouble in the 2 yrs we have used them.

6. Jessies_Mom

Jessies_Mom Approved members

We currently use Aetna's mail order for test strips and insulin.

A year ago, we were using Walgreens and my bank called me to alert me that Walgreens mail order had charged my debit card the same amount TWICE for an order that I phoned in the day before....so $186 times two.:mad: I promptly called Walgreens and was informed I'd have to wait up to 14 days to have that amount credited back. I spoke to supervisor after supervisor and never got anywhere with them. On day 14...my card was credited the money back. Seemed wrong since it was their mistake. I filed a complaint with the BBB and quit using them.

7. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

I use my insurance's mail-order (Express Scripts) for insulin, strips, etc. But I've been getting other, uncovered supplies from American Diabetes Wholesale.

8. Lee

Lee Approved members

We are A+'ers here - they have not charged us a dime in a year and a half - have them check with your insurance though before getting your hopes up!

9. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

We use Cigna Teldrug with our insurance. For IV prep, uni solve and blood ketone strips we use American Diabetes Wholesale and pump supplies come from Animas.

10. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

We have to use Medco for any maintenance medicine.

11. Lawana

Lawana Approved members

We use ExpressScripts because our insurance mandates it. Previously used Caremark. The changeover was a nightmare. There was one person who was extremely helpful, but she went on leave. After that it took many, many calls that used up hours of my time and I had to use techniques learned here on CWD to get it all straightened out.

(They were claming they couldn't do something because it wasn't allowed by law. So I went and looked up the law for myself. When I started quoting the law, they quickly worked out a way to accomplish what I was asking, which of course anyone with common sense would have agreed with. It just wasn't the way they wanted to do it.)

12. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

We use Caremark/CVS, they usually are very good at getting stuff out in a few days after i send the order in and use ice packs for the insulin.

13. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

we us A+ medical here, we have had a few issues with them, however they were always fixed. We never have to pay for anything. We get pump supplies, blood ketone strips, bg strips, glucose tabs, iv prep, iv 3000, skin tac, insulin, alcohol swaps and lancets from them. The sensors we get from Medtronic directly.

14. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

We use A+ medical, and we've never been billed for any of our supplies. Sometimes, we've had missing items in shipments - but we always have a surplus from other months. Both Brian and Connor are on MDI.

15. fdlafon

fdlafon Approved members

We have United Healthcare insurance and use Medco for the items we get through mail order. I personalyl have had no problems with them. JOrdan's insulin was packaged so well, I could hardly believe it. I was impressed!

16. Kent T

Kent T Approved members

On pump supplies, we use Animas. On insulin, we use CVS Pharmacy. Excellent service from both. They know us and take fine care of us. In Norway, we get our NovoRapid through the local chemist Ingjerd's known since she was 11.