- advertisement -

Where Is The Iob Information????

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by blbrocky, Apr 4, 2008.

1. blbrocky

blbrocky Approved members

How do you find the IOB information on the MM722?

Once you start a dual wave and you want to eat again before the time that you set has finished can you add the IOB to your new carb count and set an additional dual wave? I can't seem to find this information or I'm not sure what screen I should be looking on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

You can only do one dual-wave at a time, unfortunately. You can "cheat" by bolusing for part of the carbs and running a temp rate for the amount of the rest, divided by the hours you want it to run. Don't forget to include the regular basal. And if you use this method, it DOES NOT calculate the temp rate into the IOB.

3. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Sadly, on Paradigm pumps, IOB is only available on the bolus calculation screen if you enter a bg. They need to add it to the status screen.

4. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

What I do is I put in a bogus BG value, zero carbs, and press enter, and the information comes up. The IOB is the "active insulin." I always get at it that way. Yes, I do wish it would be part of the status screen.