- advertisement -

Where is the cheapest place to get a new Multiclix?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KellyMama, Feb 1, 2010.

1. KellyMama

KellyMama Approved members

Hanna's has been cracked for a while but it finally broke this weekend. We have a spare but now her spare meter has the 'dreaded' freestyle lancet in it! ;) Does anyone know of a coupon or a website where we can get another one for a good price? I don't think my insurance will pay for it as it's an OTC item.

2. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Call accu check, tell them it broke, they will replace it with no problems. Then ask them for an extra one! 1-800-858-8072.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Whenever I need a new meter I just call the company and ask. Granted sometimes I have to remind them that I buy 300 strips a month ;) but if you're polite but insistent, you should not have any trouble getting them to either ship you one or mail you a coupon for a free one ( or two) :cwds:

4. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

definitely call accu-chek. They're really good about sending new ones, and they usually send it overnight or 2-day.

If you need one immediately, CVS has the Aviva kit on sale for $15 and there's a coupon in sunday's paper for $5 off. The aviva comes with a multi-clix.

5. KellyMama

Thanks! I'll try that! I didn't think to call the company since we don't use their meter. ;)

6. meg9901

meg9901 Approved members

I had a broken MultiClix, and I was able to call Accucheck for a replacement. They mailed it out immediately and sent a postage-paid return envelope for the broken one.

Another time, DD lost her Multiclix on a camping trip, and I had to run around to find another while she was down there. It was WAY cheaper to buy a new meter that came with the Multiclix ($15-$20) than to buy the Multiclix by itself ($30). Go figure! I do have several unneeded meters now....

7. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Call the company. A good sign of superior customer service is that they will swap it out for you and pay for you to send the old one back.

As for purchasing one, ouch! They are expensive! I wanted to purchase one for school since I found the nurses reverting to the old OT lancing device and it was $30. Luckily, I was able to get a sample from the endo. Swaped out all at school and now they have no choice but to use it:D

8. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

Accucheck customer service is fantastic. I am sure they will send one. I called once to ask for some test strips as I was waiting for an authorization for 300 strips a month instead of 2. I was told to expect it to take 8 weeks. They were happy to send me 200 to get me through while I waited. :D

9. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

Calling the company is probably your best bet.

Or if you have an endo appt really soon you can ask them if they have any Accu-check meters to give out. Our old endo always had any of them and we got a few of those just for the Multi-Clix. I don't know if our new(er) endo does that though.

I also got REALLY lucky a few years ago when the multi-clix went on sale at Walmart for I believe $5. I got a couple then.

I like lots of spares lol.

10. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

We don't use their meters but they replaced the multiclix for us when ours broke. :) Try it. :)

Also if you're using the multiclix then you're using their drums which is $$ for them!

11. swellman

swellman Approved members

Free from the pediatric endo.

12. KellyMama

Good point!! ;)

13. KellyMama

Ooh good plan - we have one next month. I'll try calling the company and ask again at our appointment. I don't like being on the last "spare" either! ;) And *SCORE* on that Wal-mart find!! Woohoo!

14. KellyMama

I called and they were more than happy to send one out to me - yay! :D

15. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

The multiclix also comes with a lifetime warranty. They are very good at replacing them.

I bought Kaleb a new one a few weekends ago and it was black, all his others have been blue. he really likes it.

16. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH Approved members

If you have a Walgreen's near you, and the $5 off coupon from this past weekend, the multiclix will be free. Buy an Aviva on sale for $15, use the coupon to pay $10, and then Walgreen's will give you a $5 coupon for their store. Save the reciept and the box from the Aviva, and send in the $15 rebate form. All in all, you spend $10, and get $20 back, as well as have the Multiclix.

Yes, I'm a coupon fanatic. :p

17. Lee

Lee Approved members

Well, only if you change your lancets :eek:

18. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

I hear ya there! ;)