- advertisement -

Where are all the dads?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Pavlos, Mar 27, 2008.

1. badshoe

badshoe Approved members

Evenings at FFL?

2. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

One fridge in an unfashionable color: Free
    1/4 keg of Sam Adams Lager: $80
    5lb CO2 tank, tap, tubing, and faucet: $150
    Never returning bottles again and having all the beer you want on hand...

...you know the ending.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  3. Lee

Lee Approved members

Sam Adams...your in Mass, right?

4. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

Yep, visited their R&D brewery quite a few times.

I can talk about beer all day. I bought a keg last summer for a block party. It was Miller. Something I'd never buy, but I didn't want be accused of being a "beer snob" and drink Sam all by myself.

So what happens? Everyone brings bottles of Sam Adams. And I'm stuck with a 1/2 keg of yeecccch-shudder in my fridge for the winter.

5. Lee

Lee Approved members

I think I have to go to the grocery store - Pabst just isn't gonna cut it tonight!

6. etringali

etringali Approved members

I did not hate beer. I just like beer that doesn't taste like water.

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

OOOhhhh- it's getting personal know - better watch it Scott - or you'll be sleepin on the couch!

8. Andrelaplume

Andrelaplume Approved members

WORKING!

Ha! I try to pop in once a week...mostly hoping to finsd that special post that a cure has been found!

9. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

One of the reasons I don't drink beer, or at least not much at all is because I sneaked a sip of my older bro's Old Style and Strohs one too many times when I was a kid (gag, cough, puke) and I think it scarred my memory for life.:confused:

10. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

See, here in "Microbrew Country" the above story would go more like this ...

I can talk about beer all day. I bought a keg last summer for a block party. It was Sam Adams. Something I'd never buy, but I didn't want be accused of being a "beer snob" and drink Fat Tire all by myself.

So what happens? Everyone brings bottles of Fat Tire. And I'm stuck with a 1/2 keg of yeecccch-shudder in my fridge for the winter.

Yeah. We sorta take beer snobbery to a whole new level out here in Colorado.

11. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

:::Snort:::

~~Becky~~

12. medfa86

medfa86 Approved members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4xQdJgVdCU

OK, now I will admit it since the topic has come up......I may have had a few Sam's as inspiration for my video.....;)

13. etringali

etringali Approved members

My brother is the head brewer for Sacketts Harbor Brewing Co. in NY. He's a connoseur (sp?). The man can sniff a beer and tell you what grains were used, hops, and anything else. And he's one heck of a cook to boot. Looking forward to summer with his beer and BBQ. YUM!

14. badshoe

badshoe Approved members

Can I borrow your brother?

15. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

Okay, you are bringing back memories(bad ones) of college and cheap beer. Did anyone every taste Natty Ice(Natural Ice). It is the worst swill ever.
    Although my hubbies favorite beer memories are when my obgyn told me to drink beer to get rid of kidney stones(it did help) and my family doc told me to drink a beer a day to increase milk flow while breast feeding.
    I only will drink Guinness so we had it in the house and my hubbie kept drinking it all and I never was able to.
    I will not go into the college stories except to say I was reigning champion of 3 Man, and a few other games that the beer has addled my memory for.
    Allene
    quoting Buffy Summers( Buffy The Vampire Slayer) Beer Bad!!!

16. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

I humbly beg to differ.

~~Becky~~

17. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

I like Mojave Red

18. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

My husband drinks Natty Ice, horrid stuff :eek:

I love dark beers, some light ones..

19. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

The college kids I know are all drinking Natty these days, due to its affordabilty which masks the taste.

I, of course, partook of Genny Cream in my college days. Six kegs at the Lambda house every Wednesday. More good times. At least one cat ended up taking a ride in the dryer courtesy of Genny fueled frat boys. And Naragansett during my visits top Cambridge. And my dad is a big Iron City man.

Just as I will never again live north of the Mason Dixon Line, I will NEVER drink bad beer again.

~~Becky~~

20. wilf

wilf Approved members

Coming from a German background, I have my own variety of beer snobbery: I won't drink anything not brewed according the German "Reinheitsgebot" (beer purity law), which dates back to the 1600s and essentially says that beer shall be brewed using only 4 ingedients (barley, malt, hops, and water). No preservatives. No additives.

That eliminates almost all the stuff churned out by the big breweries.