- advertisement -

Where are all the dads?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Pavlos, Mar 27, 2008.

1. shekov

shekov Approved members

Thank God (sorry to offend)! I thought I was the only "girl" out here having a beer or three. :D I've been missing a lot thinking this was a WHERE ARE THE DADS thread!!

2. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

This thread should be renamed to "Who likes beer?":p

3. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

It definitely wouldn't be me. I think beer, ANY beer, is one of the WORST things I have ever tasted. I have never been able to take more than a sip without retching. I guess what I was supposed to do when I was younger was keep forcing myself to drink it until it stopped tasting horrible. I never really saw the point in doing that.

I'm sure there are others reading this who may have a slightly different point of view...:p

4. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

That kind of beer is for savoring. JD, ever have real beer? As in the above? I've converted the most dire beer hating women with a cold kristallweizen or a Kolsch.

As for competitive drinking... that's what Bud is for. The faster you drink it the less you have to taste it. Fuzzy duck, ducky fuzzy. Whale's Tail, Prince of Wales. Zoom-Schwartz-Perfigliano. Can't zoom a zoomer.

Lee, better watch out. If you ever stop by, I have an entire keg in my garage fridge, tapped out with CO2, to test you out!

5. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

Uh oh, you might be the first member to get kicked out of the forum!!:p

6. shekov

shekov Approved members

I don't know...there's always hope... and wine...and vodka...and whiskey(talk about wretch!!!):D

7. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

I Schwartz your Zoom and raise you a Profigliano! (Did you go to college with me?)

Ever play Blind Zoom? In a moving vehicle?

Good times.

~~Becky~~

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  8. wilf

wilf Approved members

While Becky and Emma's dad sound like they may be competetive in the beer sprints, I'll be taking all comers in the endurance events..

9. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

What? CWD Olympiad? Cool.

~~Becky~~

10. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

This thread is quite possibly the best thread I've read on CWD in a long time. My money is also on Lee.

11. dbz2988

dbz2988 Approved members

Ok, I have to say that I haven't read this thread since it started (who knows when at this point) and I LOVE it! I have been laughing for the past 15 minutes and it is certainly helping to keep me awake.

I too love my beer. There is nothing like a cold beer after a long stressful day at work.... or doing house cleaning with a beer close by to quench my thirst.

Bring it on!:D

12. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The best beer in the World :D
    Should Jeff be writing a disclaimer that this isn't an activity normally endorsed by CWD??
    [​IMG]

13. EmmasPapa

EmmasPapa Guest

I am shocked and appalled!!:D

....Buuuuuurrrrppp...

14. Emma'sDad

Emma'sDad Approved members

Ahh geee. 10 years ago, I would have taken you up on that challenge, but these days, I have to hang up my gloves on that one. After 2 beer (Canadian beer) I get a pretty good buzz, I don't think I've gone more than 4 at one sitting in the past 10 years.

15. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

Beer snobbery

Although I posted the general thereom about the best beer (The best beer is free cold beer...), I must admit at this point that I have developed into somewhat of a beer snob due to peer pressure some years back.

I was stationed at a small remote AF station in the middle of Alaska and one of my buds referred to anything brewed by A-B, Miller or Coors as "NASCAR Beer". In case there is any doubt, this was definitely a term of derision. ;)

So, the rule became that we could only drink "good" beer which for the purposes of our 12 month exile was defined as anything brewed by the micro-breweries in Alaska or any of the home brews that the half a dozen or so guys made in their dorm rooms. Let me tell you, if you can get your hands on any Silver Gulch (from Fairbanks) or Alaskan Amber (from the Alaskan Brewing Company in Juneau) do not let the opportunity pass you by.

And someday, maybe you'll find me in a room, ply me with a NASCAR beer and I'll tell you about the time I got a quarter stuck in my throat from playing quarters. :eek:

16. Lee

Lee Approved members

Scott - your on! And yep - you are right - cheap beer for competitive drinking is the only way to go - I have recently rediscovered the glory of Pabst in these tough economical times! (PS - I really really wanna keg in my garage!)

17. Lee

Lee Approved members

Thank you Mama Belle - I will do you proud and make sure you make a profit on that bet!

Now I am all for that!

4 beers in 1 sitting? How do you mow your lawn? My lawn is at least a six pack! And then I start cleaning the pool and who nows how many that takes!

18. Emma'sDad

*blushes* I guess I grew soft since my glory days.... And I totally agree with the cheap beer for contests. Back in the day, I used to sink Labatt's Blue.

Now I drink Rickard's Red as "my" beer, and I love to drink Cafferey's, KillKenny and Guiness for special occasions.

I also love Heineken. They just came out with the mini-kegs of Heineken that you pump and keep in your fridge. Sounds like a good idea and I totally want to get one! I heard it's been out in Ontario and Quebec for awhile, I saw one in Quebec last year, but I think they just started selling it in my neck of the woods.

19. Emma'sDad

Oh, and who knew that a thread about looking for dads would turn into a full blown discussion about beer?

20. wilf

wilf Approved members

Wasn't that inevitable? If you're looking for dads, go to where the beer is..