- advertisement -

Where are all the dads?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Pavlos, Mar 27, 2008.

1. shekov

shekov Approved members

I DO!!:D I love getting a male point of view and wish more dads would post

2. brad

brad Approved members

Cadence's dad checking in here. i try to contribute as much as I can but am still trying to understand Marsha's spreadsheets, which is taking up alot of time ;) .

I'm not home for a majority of Cadence's meals as I am "bringing home the bacon" as they say, so Nic is the most comfortable with that task. I would have to say though that I am pretty much the head reasearcher and needle-jabber in the house and certainly always entrusted with the minilink needle (which we bounced off a muscle yesterday and drew a bunch blood... oops).

b.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  3. Skyefire

Skyefire Approved members

Rob is usually around while I am chatting, but does not enjoy typing, but CWD is a big topic in our house in the last few weeks.
    I also find that most of the dad's on the site that I have had dealings with have been a great source of support and information:)

4. kemjris

kemjris Approved members

My DH is not as informed as I try to be. At least he doesn't actively seek information. He becomes informed, because I tell him everything I read and learn. I wish he would be more active. He has general knowledge, but doesn't take the time to seek more information. I prefer to try to know everything I can about D.

5. badshoe

badshoe Approved members

Exactly and then sports center comes on.

Oh we are - you should be afraid.

6. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

I'm here on a regular basis, reading and sometimes posting where I feel appropriate. I am also over on the chat, when I can be.

7. badshoe

badshoe Approved members

She should work for the State Department, carefull readers will notice she said "suppot and information" it isn't nessisarily GOOD information but its informantion... like the 8 car doen't seem to be holding speed in turn three... that is technically information... LOL

8. Skyefire

Skyefire Approved members

HAHA Bennet I think I would be the first Canadian to work for the State Department ;)
    All information to me is good information, makes me look and think about things all on my own

9. shekov

shekov Approved members

I agree. That's why I love the variety of opinions I find on this site. :D

10. CatiesDad

CatiesDad Approved members

Catie's dad here! I'm on daily but rarely post unless I have something to get off my chest or to ask a question. Don't know where we would be without this site.

11. jendean

jendean Approved members

Maybe the dads are outside playing a game of catch with thier kids, or taking them on a bike ride? (thats what my husband is doing a lot of the time) There are lots of ways to be a good parent... to be honest, if not just to the contrary... I dont do a whole lot of actual parenting while I am on the boards, I may be learning and sharing, which is good for me... sometimes good for Nolan, (new product stuff, etc) But James is the one that takes them fishing, and on bike rides. That is very important stuff too.

12. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

I'm here now and then. Not too much lately because of Show Choir competitions and college soccer showcases. I've been spending my most of my available 'Net time on some of the Satellite TV websites since we switched from Time Warner to Dish Network 6 weeks ago.

Zach finally got to see his pedi endo last week after not seeing her for 6 months (she transitioned from active duty AF to civilian) and his HA1C came in at 6.9. She was pleased and so were we. Makes those midnight, 3am and 5am blood sugar checks worth it.

No time for NASCAR in our house. Soccer, American Idol, Dancing with the Used to Be and Wanna Be Stars and every home improvement show on HDTV burn up our TV time.

13. VictoriasDad

VictoriasDad Approved members

I am on multiple times a day but rarely put my 2 cents in. I don't have too much time to do that.

But I am on this site 3-4 times a day just to get updated. The information here is very helpful and to know that we are not alone is very comforting.

My wife and I are both very active in Victoria's care (because of this Victoria is a very well adjusted and 'normal' little 9 year old) but the wife is not a web savvy as me so I just go over the highlights with her when I am home.

14. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

In our house I am the web savvy person so this is why DH is not on...When he does actually attempt to go on the computer I have go over with him how to even login and watch as he pecks at the keys (kind of funny to see a grown man looking for the N,A,S,C,A,R on the key board.)

I am his information superhottie, oh I meant highway:p!

15. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

That's how it works in my house too. DH works 60-80 hours a week, he doesn't have time to get on here to post. We discuss what I've learned, but I'm really the one responsible for learning the D stuff and sharing that info with him.

16. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

There's just enough dads here to keep this site from turning all warm and fuzzy and I post just enough to let everyone know I'm here and from time to time make a really stupid comment like I just did that will get the ladies here all fired up and the rest of the dads mad at me because I opened my big mouth. I'm sorry guys, I just couldn't help it. :D

Big Hair Momma likes this.
  17. jendean

jendean Approved members

LOL warm and fuzzy.
    I like that. Seriously, I think we have a need for the dads on this forum!
    I am always glad to hear what everyone has to add. :cwds:

18. Evansdad

Evansdad Approved members

Evans dad here , Evan has had diabetes since 2/22/08:(

19. medfa86

medfa86 Approved members

Another Dad here, my daughter was diagnosed two years ago, she is 7 now. I read much more than I write on this site, Tudiabetes, and ADA (I think my wife likes it that way, since when I do type it seems to end up being controversial-Nightmare type 1 makes the point.)

Still, I was wondering why I didn't get more responses to the video from more Dads-has warm and fuzzy just taken over?:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4xQdJgVdCU

20. MarkG

MarkG New Member

Another dad, here, and it's my first post. My wife and I are constantly tag-teaming Sarah's D -- she handles it during the day, and I try to handle the night shift most of the time. We're 50/50 on the weekends. I check in on this site from time to time, especially the Ask the Diabetes Team Q&A posts, and I think it's awesome.