- advertisement -

Where are all the dads?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Pavlos, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Pavlos

Pavlos Approved members

I have been following this forum over the past few months I have made an astounding realization - I am one of the very few dads in this forum! It is overwhelmingly moms!

Where on earth are all the other dads??? Hellooo???

Please do not misunderstand me, this is not about the battle of sexes, its about the cooperation of sexes for a common good! I refuse to believe that dads are less concerned with the D-care of their kids than moms are!

2. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

This message board is very active and it is very time consuming to keep up with the conversations. I would imagine that there are men who read through some messages, but don't make any postings.

3. hanazumi

hanazumi Approved members

Hi

I'm in Brazil, South America, and I'm father of a 4 yo son, Fernando.
    He´s pumping since december, on MM722, and using the sensor since last saturday. It's been amazing!
    It's just like Amy said. I use to read the posts almost everyday. Today I'm working home and I have some time to reply.
    So, don't feel alone. Of course there must be other dads worried about D-care. Maybe, like me, they really have no time to post. :eek:
    But believe me, I share all the fears, doubts and happy moments with you in this forum.

Thanks to you all.

4. Emma'sDad

Emma'sDad Approved members

I'm here and pretty active on the boards. Don't really know if anybody listens to what I say though ??? But if I can help at least 1 person while I'm here, it's all worth it. I don't usually seek help, but when I do, I am so happy that people are responsive and are a real help.

5. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

My DH would be the exception to prove that rule, then.

He's at his job. This is my job.

~~Becky~~

Big Hair Momma and Nancy in VA like this.
  6. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

Hi Pavlos,
    I don't think there are as many dads that post here as moms. However, the fathers that do post here are really intelligent, and give some great information in their posts. You're one of those fathers as well. Wilf, Saxmaniac, "Jacob's Dad" are just a few that come to mind. I really look forward to their posts and they add a lot to the forum. If I'm forgettng someone, I don't mean to, all the dad's are great!!:D

7. B's Dad

B's Dad New Member

I have never posted before. However I have been here almost everyday, since my son's dx on 11/5/07. I just recently registered so I could post.

8. shirley83006

shirley83006 Approved members

it would be nice to see more dads, counting my DH. he is too busy working and trying to pay the bills. and leaves that all up to me.

9. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

My husband is in India right now, he's gone for six weeks at a time (works offshore for oil companies), so I'm the one handling most of the care ;)

10. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

We're busy watching NASCAR.

11. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

My hubbie is at work 80 hours a week so that we can pay for these wonderful medical supplies.:(

12. jdr

jdr Approved members

I hang out in here a pretty good bit:D

13. yeswe'rebothD

yeswe'rebothD Approved members

Now who can forget Badshoe?

14. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

It's break time at work. I'm here. I jump on several times a day. Usually if I want to post I think about what I want to say and then post the next time I get a chance to check in. I work 40-50 hrs per week too, but only sleep 5-6 hours a night. I actually do a lot around the house too. I don't spend a lot of time resting!

15. maddiesdad

maddiesdad Approved members

Maddiesdad is in the HOUSE!

I'm in here multiple times every day. I run the night shift at our house getting up sometime between 1-2 every night and at 4am before I go to work.

I 4.0'd number theory in college so I am a wizard at blood glucose projections based on my 7:30test, what she ate, a 10:00 test.

Basically after testing at 10, I choose my wakeup time and set alarm 1 and 2.

Love this place, love you all -- without this place, I'd not be as successful helping maddie. I have no question about this. What the heck did people do before Al Gore invented the internet? :D

16. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

My DH isn't on the board posting; but he discusses certain topics and posts on this board with me. He's suggested that I post something, etc. So, you could say that he's on the board sometimes vicariously through me.:D

17. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Oh well that's a valid excuse. We were just wondering. Thought maybe you and Bennet were plotting something. :eek:

~~Becky~~

18. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Thank you. Ditto!

19. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

I decided to put my name in my sig, after a few messages saying "You Go, Girl!"

20. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

That just made me LOL!!:D