- advertisement -

When your SO doesn't want to talk about it

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by JJsMomma, Apr 7, 2010.

1. JJsMomma

JJsMomma Approved members

How do you respect your SO's needs when he doesn't want to talk to people about your kids' issues? Not specific to diabetes just another health issue. I NEED my friends' support and advise from others but he doesn't want me talking about it. He is an amazing dad and a wonderful partner, it just seems like it is an emotional ticking time bomb. How do you get your needs met while repecting his? Especially when their is fear and worry?

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Tell him that while he offers support, you need to be able to talk about this to other close friends. It helps you in the process of getting through this. Does he not trust the friend and is afraid the word may be passed on?

I see a conselor who specializes in families dealing with chronic illness. She's wonderful and has been great helping me get through some stuff.

3. JJsMomma

JJsMomma Approved members

he doesn't want anyone to know...his friends, my friends, he hasn't even discussed it with his sister......