- advertisement -

When do you keep them home?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Omo2three, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

Ambrea has been running a bit high with a cold..with trace ketones. No fever.
    lower 200s to 240BG..(I am renewing ketone strips...I read 6 months is too old...these are 5 months...)
    She wanted to go to school, stating she felt ok for school....

Diabetes and colds...she looks drained, swollen glands, sneezing:(.....allergies? or cold!

do you send them...if they are sick with a cold? always did before D...if it wasn't a fever or keeping them down.

What is your preference on this?:cwds:

2. pdxmom

pdxmom Approved members

I would send my dd with the symptoms you describe. Trace ketones don't keep me from sending my dd. If ketones increase, then it's a different story.

Good luck. Poor girl!

3. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

I go more off of how she feels then I do symptoms. If she feels run down and miserable I would keep her home d or no d...If she is fine but just a little high, I send her and she checks alittle more often.

4. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

Thanks! I notice those dark circles under her eyes again! She is not getting the energy she needs from carb intake.:(
    I hate it when the kids are feeling lousy. Just when the sun is out and mid 70's outside.