- advertisement -

When do girls development into puberty affect their BG#s

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Bahama-mama, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Bahama-mama

Bahama-mama Approved members

My DD is just starting to develop in the chest area and is having some high #s could this be puberty starting or is it still a little early ? She is 10 and 54 pounds.

2. Denise

Denise Approved members

Molly began developing breast buds sometime between Jan and March (turned 10 in Feb) and she is seeing the effects of puberty on her bg's. :(

3. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

Even without the physical signs the hormones of puberty can show in higher BS up to 2 years earlier I was told. Any signs of puberty will make the BS run higher.

4. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

Our endo told us that my dd had entered into puberty in august of 2009. MY dd was 8 within a few months we definately saw it.... AND we get a monthly spike and drop around my cycle with her now ( some times we are dead on and ohters about 1-2 weeks off ) . Its quite aggravating.

5. KellyMama

KellyMama Approved members

We're seeing it too here. At first I thought it was just a regular "growth spurt" but we've upped her insulin over the last few weeks like never before - it was like water! :eek: Now noticing some development too - hmmmm. Guess it's not such a BG mystery after all! LOL

6. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

For us, the monthly highs started about 1 1/2 years before the start of menses.

Interestingly, our Trialnet endo told us when she was ready to start because he noticed that the bridge of her nose had widened. He said that's always a sure sign. I'd never heard that before.

7. Bahama-mama

Bahama-mama Approved members

Thanks everyone.