- advertisement -

When did you get up last night?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by chbarnes, Aug 21, 2010.

1. cpm122

cpm122 Approved members

ohhh....I'm not the only one!:p Most nights I just stay up until 12 and check and then up again at 3:30. But some nights....:( midnight he was high - corrected but set alarm for 2 to make sure he didn't drop too low (still working out our basal/bolus/corrections for the pump). DD (2ys old) up at 1pm because she couldn't find her shoes (she likes to go to sleep with shoes on and I take them off when I check on her), helped her put shoes back on and went to sleep until 2am alarm. Coming down but still high with IOB so didn't correct but set alarm for 4am. DD woke up again at 3:15 because she had to go potty. Took her potty went back to bed until 4am alarm. Still high at 4 so did correction and set alarm for 6am. DD up AGAIN at 5:20 because the flower on her wall was "blowing on her"?!?!? Helped her roll over and cover up so the "wind" wouldn't reach her. ;) Checked at 6am. BG much closer to normal so back to sleep thinking I could sneak in a few hours since nobody had to be up (weekend) Girls woke up at 7:05. Up at: 12, 1, 2, 3:15, 4, 5:20, 6, 7:05. What a good nights sleep!:D

2. mamamccoy87

mamamccoy87 Approved members

Hmm - thought with continuous glucose monitor would get more sleep but we don't hear it - even with baby monitor - even if I'm sleeping in the same bed sometimes!!! For my birthday this year I asked for 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep in my bed at least 1 x week. Scares me what happens when she goes to college???

We always had to get up every 2 - 3 hours for the first 2 years of my son's life. We were telling the kids at breakfast what it was like when they were babies. Grace always slept as a baby, now it depends on what her numbers are. Guess we weren't meant to get a full nights sleep. :( But I feel sorry for our kids - they have a full life of this junk :(

3. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

May be a long night here... 56... then 30 mins after carbs, 55:eek: More food. Now 85, go-gurt on board.... another check in an hour, that will make it 1 am; then another check at 3 am or sooner depending on he 1 am check; then up at 5:30 for the day! Oh well...

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Was a bit low at 1am, put on the TV to keep me awake until BG was steady. Still had IOB (really shouldn't eat right before bed) so I didn't go back to sleep until around 2am. Alarm at 4am to recheck and calibrate CGMS, luckily a beautiful 120 so I could go back to sleep again.