- advertisement -

What's with people lately (a little vent)

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by ccarrol4, Jul 18, 2008.

1. ccarrol4

ccarrol4 Approved members

This last week 2 people have made stupid comments!!!
    First, I was at work, and I checked my blood sugar, this new guy came up to me and said, "You know that's cureable right? My grandpa had it and he was cured!". I was like you don't know what your talking about. He was like O I guess I shouldn't of opened my mouth. (Ya think?)
    Second, this idiot told me my diabetes would go away. I said, no, not until a cure is found for type 1. He said, "O, you must have that really bad kind, where you take shots, and lose your feet." He made me so angry, I just walked off, steaming.
    Well, that's all. I just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening.

2. Bob @ Joy of Diabetes

Bob @ Joy of Diabetes Approved members

People just trying to help or find something to talk about often say some pretty silly things...

I often wonder how often i have done that with others such as smokers or the like:rolleyes:

3. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Yeah, everywhere I look I see diabetic people stumbling around with no feet! (It made me laugh, but is just plain sad!)

4. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

People just like to hear themselves talk. He was just looking for something to say to you. Sorry His brain was on vacation, PERMENTLY.

5. karpoozi123

karpoozi123 Approved members

OMG. :mad:

6. xstaybeautiful

xstaybeautiful Approved members

I hate when people comment but have no real clue, and yet they don't want to really know.. they just want to be ignorant.

The problem is so many people think being diabetic is the same for every person. They don't understand that there are different types and that diabetes is different for each person. Worst of all is when people assume that the reason you became diabetic must be because you were obese or some other crazy stereotype, thats the killer.

but don't let it get you too upset, the people who really matter won't make stupid comments or if they do will at least apologize and allow you to explain it to them. There will always be people who just make you want to pull your hair out. :p

7. DylansMum

DylansMum Approved members

Because some people are just tossers and don't have a brain.

They are not worth worrying about.

Of course you are always going to get the know it alls who are never wrong!