- advertisement -

"Whats regular hungry, mama?"

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MamaChrissa, Jun 8, 2009.

1. MamaChrissa

MamaChrissa Approved members

A few weeks back J was in a grumpy mood at dinner time and just refused to eat. No biggie, this is why we still post bulus. About three hours pass, he is in bed and I hear the most annoyed..."No way!" coming from his room. I poke my head in and ask him whats up. He says that he feels low but his meter says 134. He looks puzzled and asks for his school meter, adament that the home one is broken. Again, he gets a totally in range number. He looks confused and asks why he feels low...but his numbers are good. I tried to explain he was just regular hungry, not low, but he seemed lost. I simply could not find the words to explain "hungry" to a 6 year old! I just handed him a banana and told him we would talk about it in the morning. :cwds:

Im not sure weather to laugh or cry...or both!

2. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Both. :eek:

3. shekov

shekov Approved members

I've tried to explain the difference to my 4 year old. I can't tell you how many times I've said, "I know you're hungry but... are you low or just hungry?" I was hoping she'd be able to feel a difference but so far no luck. Nice to know we aren't alone.

4. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

Haha I'm 24 and I still can't tell the difference between low hungry and regular hungry. :rolleyes:

5. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I know me either. Now starving low, is a whole nother animal:D standing in front of the fridge inhaling anything, hungry!

6. lynn

lynn Approved members

:mad::(:D:cwds::confused:
    I think that about covers it.

7. mamort

mamort Approved members

anytime Allison says she feels her tummy feels funny, she is either low, high or regular hungry. Still trying to differentiate.

8. angiej

angiej Approved members

well said :cwds:

9. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I can't tell the difference until I start to actually eat. If I'm regular hungry, I just eat normally, but if I'm low hungry I gobble it down as fast as I can.