- advertisement -

What's a day in your food life look like?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by JamieTheTiger, Aug 18, 2013.

1. JamieTheTiger

JamieTheTiger Approved members

I'm meal planning right now for the upcoming week, and feeling no inspiration, and wishing I was someone with enough money to have a full time hired chef to just do it.

What's a day in the life of food for your T1 kid? My daughter is 8, and some days I think she's a teenage boy in how much she wants to eat!

School is about to start here again, and I'm struggling with good no (or very, very low carb) snacks that she isn't already tired of. She can only dose at lunch, so any other food until she gets home for dinner has to be no carb. She gets tired of the standbys...

2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

For after school my daughter likes bacon and eggs, or cucumber and smoked or cold chicken etc...

3. Northwoodsmama

Northwoodsmama Approved members

Some snack ideas my daughter likes- hard boiled eggs, string cheese, lunch meat. We were given this recipe
    http://babygranny.blog.com/2012/01/29/oopsie-bread-nearly-no-carb-and-gluten-free/
    by a friend- it bakes up VERY similar to bread (I would describe it as a cross between quiche and croissants). My DD likes to put lunch meat and cheese slice to make a no carb sandwich, very filling for her. I also found this recipe which looks promising.
    http://www.delightedmomma.com/2013/05/cauliflower-biscuits.html

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members