- advertisement -

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by KeltonsMom, Dec 1, 2007.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

I just got an email informing me that I am to take Kelton to Bakersfield for a face-to-face meeting with one of his teachers..

Here is the problem...Mark will be in Vegas for work...I have doctors orders telling me not to drive long distances, I even told the teacher this and she told me to make the drive anyway...

If I do make the drive I will have to leave at least 4 hours earlier so I have time to pull over when I go low..Which unfortunately is often now, I have no control over when I go low and sometimes I do not feel it until the world gets blurry..so you can see why the doctor does not want me to drive long distances...From here to Bakersfield is about a 1 1/2 hour drive one way...

I do not know what to do..Mark has told me not to drive it..There are no buses that run through Ridgecrest..I cannot find anyone willing to drive me over there..

I have told the teacher that I have a copy of the doctors orders showing that it is not in my best interest to drive because of my condition..she doesn't care and like I said, and insists I go to this mandatory meeting..

There is a good chance that if I do not go to this meeting that Kelton will get kicked out of the online high school...

2. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

Is there someone up the chain from that teacher that you can talk too. Maybe you can explain it to that person and they can come up with some solution for this.

It is too dangerous for you to drive and that is all there is to it .

Ask her is she is going to take responsbility for your family is something happends to you, because she said you HAD to come to this meeting ?

3. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

You have good points!! I called her on the phone and explained my situation in length to her and she has offered to do a phone meeting..Why she didn't suggest this in the first place is beyond me:confused: Instead she decided to go on the defensive and act unreasonable...