- advertisement -

What were the warning signs that convinced you to see a doctor?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Prodigal, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

I don't have diabetes but I have a lot of the symptoms so I have an appointment next week.

I usually go to the bathroom between 10 and 15 times a day, my mouth gets dry all the time and I feel like I have to be constantly drinking something. Today I went to McDonalds and immediately after felt really hungry. Felt light headed almost the whole day today. This morning it felt like I was losing slight sensation in my fingertips on my right hand.

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

I was going to the bathroom alot, almost drank everything in the house, for some reason i felt like my skin was being pricked by needles, and sleeping alot.

I had a appointment the next week like you but then I threw up, so my doctor took me the next hour. I was dxd with a blood sugar of 636.

Are you sure you can't have your appointment at a earlier date? A big mistake people make is waiting till the appointment.

3. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I lost major weight, my hair stopped growing, my stomache got really bloated, things tasted bitter, I threw up regularly, I wet the bed about three times per week, I was always very hungry and very thirsty. I waddled, I was exhausted, easily out of breath, frequently dizzy, not sleeping well. Couldn't concentrate for longer than a minute. Really painful stomache ache. Loss of sexual interest. Extreme sensitivity to light.

I saw a doctor because I had been sick for a long time and I felt that if I continued to be sick like that, I would be unable to continue holding a job and going to school.

In retrospect, I should have bought a bottle of diastix and tested my urine. Sooo easy.

I would not guess that you have diabetes; your symptoms do not sound all that specific to me. But good luck.

4. faithe113001

faithe113001 Approved members

I had a non stop thirst. I went to the bathroom a lot...I remember going 7 times the night before my appt, and during the day I would have to go at least once an hour. I was always hungry, always tired. I finally went in because my mom made me.

5. BobbyJackElmo

BobbyJackElmo Approved members

i think that since u already have an appointment you should go now my mom worked for someone before and some other guy did to his daughter died at disney world because she had diabetes and they didnt know

6. Dylan

Dylan Approved members

Man if you want to here some miserable symptoms listen here: I had extremely Painful sores in my mouth, extremely dry hands, Constant thirst,I would wet the bed 3 times a week, always cold, and hunger all the time:(

7. chorusromance

chorusromance Approved members

My mouth would get really sticky after soccer practice, my tongue would stick to the bottom of my mouth.

Also, I woke up during the night with super painful calf cramps.
    Plus the other stuff, losing weight, drinking more, eating more, etc.

8. Jordan

Jordan Approved members

My parents thought that I had the flu at first. I was throwing up, I lost forty pounds, I drank so much stuff, couldnt eat. At first as I said they thought that I had the flu and thought it would get better. Well I was like that for three days, then I couldnt stand anymore, I was losing my eyesite, I couldnt make a sentence at all, all that came out was blurred things, and I couldnt remember anythign. The doctors told me that if they would've waited any longer I would have went into a coma.

9. swtttcherrypie

swtttcherrypie New Member

sounds like diabetes to me

I was hungry, thirsty, tired, had a dry mouth, constantly going to the bathroom,had no energy, hadn't gained weight in a year, and my arms tingled. You need to see a doctor. This sounds like diabetes.

10. Raya

Raya Approved members

hmm

well when my mum first discovered that i have diabetes it was when i noticed some white creamy stuff in my urine and then mum took a sample from my urine and then i went to the hospital and stayed for like 5 days and i was diagnosed as a diabetic type 1