- advertisement -

What Type of Belt Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lori_Gaines, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Lori_Gaines

Lori_Gaines Approved members

I don't really like the pump pack I have for my daughter, only because I can't get it quite tight enough around her waste. That is my only issue. I need something that fits well around the waste of a small child (4 years old, 35 lbs) that will hold her pump AND allow me to clip her Dex onto it as well. Help!!!! :D

2. Amzanderson

Amzanderson Approved members

I ordered the spibelt for my daughter. They have one that's for pumps that has a tiny slit for the tubing. I actually ordered her two. One with the tubing hole and one colored one for her dexcom (in case she didn't want to clip it to the belt :). She loves it.

3. namegirl

namegirl Approved members

My 4 year old has been using Spibelts since he was a toddler. We have a few other brands, but the Spibelts get the most use by far. We have some with the slit in it but we don't use that slit anymore and just run the tubing out the zipper.

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We like the pump packs from Angel Bear Pump Wear. They have a clear front option so we can push the buttons right through the pouch. You also can send in your own fabric for them to use, so right now my son is sporting a Chicago Bears pump pouch.

5. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

My daughter is 11 years old, but is still pretty skinny. I got her a SpiBelt that has two pockets/pouches attached. She uses one for her Dexcom receiver and the other for her Omnipod PDM. The larger pouch has the buttonhole in the back to accommodate a pump tube.

6. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Waist-it by pumpwearinc.com is great for the smaller kids. It's a piece of stretchy fabric that has no closures, so it's slip on. Keeps the pump nice and snug against body, but doesn't pinch since there are no buckles. My daughter wore one for years. It has a little pocket that the pump slips right into. Even comfortable for sleeping.

7. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Another vote for spibelt; my son has always used the basic one (without the tubing opening), plus he has a double spibelt if he wants to stow his Dexcom as well. I have two myself for holding my phone and keys while running!

8. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I really liked the softer, fabric covered elastic belt of these pump pouched for a little kid. We love the spi-belt but it's not as comfy, imho, as are these.

9. Lightly Salted

Lightly Salted Approved members

10. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

My son is 7 - we also use a tummitote and have for a while. He has always been very thin, so that has worked for us. You can put the pump in a strong velcro pocket and the REceiver in a clear pocket. If you ask the owner in your notes, she can personalize the tummitote with patches to make it a little more kid appealing. We have two - one has baseball, for instance, and one has soccer patches.

We have also used pouches from pumptastic when my son was smaller - these were much more kid friendly because we were able to get cute THomas the Train patterns, etc - that were kid appealing when my son was three and four. We wore those BEFORE our Dexcom, but I think they have additional pouches you can add on to the belt for CGM receivers. These came in small sizes also for our mini size kids. Good luck!

11. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I am using the this Nathan running belt on my 38lb 6 year old.

I was too big but I cut the loose ends of the belt and then Tegaderm'd (taped them closed)

The belt is much more soft than the spibelt we had, and the material seems to lay very flat to the body

12. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Thanks for this link! I like the different options, especially the " build your own belt" option. Unless I come across something better, this looks like the way to go once my daughter outgrows her current SpiBelt.

13. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

I use a thick leather belt with brass ringlets and he now seems to be much more diligent in checking his BG. The downside is the welts it leaves behind.

14. Lori_Gaines

Lori_Gaines Approved members

Thanks everyone! I ordered the spibelt for now. We'll see how we like it! :)

15. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

ha ha very funny.