- advertisement -

What to do with expired sensors?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by momof3princesses, Aug 14, 2010.

1. momof3princesses

momof3princesses Approved members

I cleaned out the "diabetes closet" today and found that I have quite a few expired sensors, some expired 5/18/10 and some 7/24/10. Is there a place that I can donate these? I hate to see these go to waste. If they are expired are they completely useless?

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I use expired sensors all the time.. I see no difference.. infact, MOST of our sensors are expired.. I have 'indate' sensors right now, but I'm working off expired ones.. by the time I get through all the expired ones my indate ones will be expired.. I see no difference between expired and non-expired.

3. slpmom2

slpmom2 Approved members

How expired have you let them get without losing accuracy?

4. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I'm using sensors that expired in aug 09.. they work perfectly fine. I get 7 days out of all most all of them.. they ALL last more than 3, some go to 5, but most make it to 7.

5. slpmom2

slpmom2 Approved members

Good to know!

6. CWD Moderator

CWD Moderator Moderator

For safety reasons, CWD does not recommend use of product beyond it's expiration date. Please follow the manufacturer's instructions and the advice of your health care team about using continuous glucose sensors beyond the expiration date.