- advertisement -

What should i do ?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kledi, Feb 4, 2016.

1. kledi

kledi Approved members

My son 3 years old has been 1 week that his blood sugar is in range after dinner stays in range 5 hours with no lows than goes around 200 in midnight, after that starts dropping and is around 100 in the morning. Not too much fat in his meal, and he is not in honeymoon. What should i do ?

2. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

I think he's growing! Assume you are not pumping? If you were you would just increase basal in anticipation of that high and reduce before waking to try and flatten that line. But if you are on MDI I would probably let it go. 100 is a great waking number, though if you don't have a Dexcom it might feel a bit precarious. If you create a signature with the relevant details we can provide better ideas.

3. kledi

kledi Approved members

He is on MDI novo rapid and levemir, we still dont have full time cgm.

4. Theo's dad Joe

Theo's dad Joe Approved members

It sounds to me like it IS a beginning of a honeymoon. How long since dx? How much levemir?

5. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

With no CGM and on MDI I would consider those to be great numbers. You could increase the basal by one unit and see if it levels out but honestly that is not what I would expect to happen if you increased the basal. You could correct the 200 but you might have to wake him for carbs later if you do that. You can always try that for one night, maybe he would not need the treatment later.

6. kledi

kledi Approved members

I have increased his night levemir by 0.5 and he goes low at 3 o'clock, also if i correct by 0,5 novo rapid but i have to give to him carbs before 3. Thanks for ur sugestions, i have to try again correcting than some milk because he will drink it while sleeping

7. Theo's dad Joe

Theo's dad Joe Approved members

how "low"? Also what is his range? Are they using the 110-200 range for his age group?