- advertisement -

What pump are you using

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Nancy in VA, Jan 26, 2008.

?

What pump do you use

1. Minimed with CGMS

18 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. Minimed

30 vote(s)
    27.0%
  3. Animas

18 vote(s)
    16.2%
  4. Cozmo

14 vote(s)
    12.6%
  5. Omnipod

15 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Still on injections but moving to pump soon

12 vote(s)
    10.8%
  7. Happy where we are on injections

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

Its been a while since I've seen a poll on this and there have been so many pump starts on here recently, I'm curious to see who all we have here. Poll following!

2. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

Hmmm... we're in the process of getting an Animas.

3. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I voted Minimed with CGMS but I only use the sensor once in awhile.

4. lotsoftots

lotsoftots Approved members

I' ll be watching this poll we go to the endo in a few days hoping to be getting a pump soon...been checking them all out on line but the more I look the more confused I am getting to which one to go with:confused::confused::confused:

5. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

i voted MM but we actually use it with the CGMS, I didn't see that one.. even though its the first on your list LOL..

6. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

We have the MM. We want/need to go on CGM as soon as possible.

7. Danda

Danda Approved members

We have Animas and are waiting for a trial for DexCom sensor. I want the MiniLink but the dr propose Dexcom. After the trial I will see if I change my mind.

8. payam7777777

payam7777777 Approved members

i once read somewhere that miimed holds rouhly half the market share.

9. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

We are happy Animas pumpers!

I'd be curious of the breakdown of child pumpers to adult pumpers as to what the distribution is? I guess what I wonder is if the people could choose for themselves, would they choose what we have chosen for them.

My dad has a co-worker who has been on a pump for a while and he is on a Cozmo. I saw an adult at a local preschool recently on a Minimed.

10. dvane

dvane Approved members

We use MM522 in blue. Would love to have CGMS (hypo-unaware).

11. MamaChrissa

MamaChrissa Approved members

We *heart* Animas! I will consider a CGMS if/when Animas and Dexcom get the single site thing worked out. :) I just cant justify 2 sites on him. :eek:

12. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

We are Minimed with cgms. Liv really likes wearing her Minilink. One day that I removed it and didn't put a new sensor in she told me that she missed it when she was outside playing. She likes to be able to check her cgm number when she's playing.

We looked at the Animas, Cozmo, Minimed before deciding on MM. We just checked out Omnipod and Liv wore the dummy pod. Her conclusions on that:

1. I like no tubing of Omnipod
    2. I like Minimed's much smaller set; Omnipod was uncomfortable at times
    3. I would like a smaller PDM

She decided that Minimed was better for her now....but she wants us to keep watching Omnipod for smaller pod and pdm. We dismantled the pod and Insulet definitely has options for making the pod smaller....so that's encouraging.

13. Katie'sMom

Katie'sMom Approved members

My dd is a fairly new "pumper" with MM522. We will be doing CGMS start next week.

14. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

I was sold on a Minimed pump (and I still think it's an awesome pump) until my Endo sent us home with a Cozmore to try. The customization was so incredible and the attached meter so cool (carrying fewer things) we chose it instead. It's still my runaway favorite pump, although there are some things on the Minimed and Animas I'd love to incorporate!

15. Nana

Nana Approved members

I use MM522 (with CGMS).

When I got my first pump there was just the Minimed option here in Slovenia, and when I got my second, I wanted the CGMS, so... Minimed still the only option for me :p

16. KitKat

KitKat Approved members

We are using the Cozmo pump; however, we are looking to switch to the MM/CGM system. We are waiting approval.

17. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

My son is on a cozmo pump and I have never considered switching! Our rep is fantastic and the features of the cozmo outweighed the features of the other pumps. Free upgrades and waterproof were the big sellers for us!

shannon

18. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We upgraded last spring to the Animas 2020 from the 1250. Very happy with it, I just hope Animas comes out with an integrated cgms like Minimed.

19. BlessedIAm

BlessedIAm Approved members

Thank you for starting this poll. DH just started pumping last month. After 17 years of doing injections he finally agreed to the a pump and I'm sure he would probably still be injecting if DS hadn't been diagnosed last February. We've been wanting to get him on a pump from the beginning. We talked to our endo at our last appt and I talked to him again about it this past week and he is supportive. However, he told me he won't chose a pump for us...we have to do our own research. I don't want him to "chose" one for me but this is his business, right? I would at least expect him to have an opinion. Nevertheless, we are mostly interested in the the CGM and since DH just got the MM with CGM I figure that is the one we'll end up with. DH LOVES his pump. I've been begging him to get one for years.

20. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

Interesting. 52% of pumpers here have MM. (I of course only added up the pump figures, and added MM with and without CGMS together) 46 out of 87 pumpers here use MM.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008