- advertisement -

what number do you correct at?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by BrokenPancreas, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Jilleighn

Jilleighn Approved members

during Prime times their wait is usually longer then average. Call at 10pm at night and wait 2 minutes. call at 3am in the morning and someone picks up right away.

2. kyles_mom

kyles_mom Approved members

Yep their customer service is sometimes lacking. I thought they were getting better though. Kyle's pump went on the fritz and I called them one night at 11 pm and got the same thing. I think they were in the process of moving part of their operation to Texas during this time, as well as recalling all the Lot 8's.

As for not being able to click the pump back on, do you use the quick sets? We have this problem occasionally....very frustrating. For the most part I end up redoing the site (it's probably happened twice where I had to redo, and another 2 times or so where we finally got it to work). Not the best I know, and I've been meaning to address this but haven't gotten around to it :confused:

3. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

We correct anything above 6 (108) during the day and 7 (126) at night.
    We moved to that slowly after starting the pump. On MDI we corrected at 10 (180), then slowly moved the target down at each endo appointment. Maybe it's be easier for you to try this.

4. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

I see a lot posts like "our target is 90". Remember there are two separate numbers that may or may not be the same:

1) your target BG
    2) when you elect do a correction.

Example, our is 120 and 140... that means if the pump sees a 139 it won't offer a correction, but if it does, it will target the 120. We target the middle of the rx range (80-180) as Gary Scheiner suggested.

5. candise

candise Approved members

We correct over 100 anytime.

6. giddyup_go

giddyup_go Approved members

I think, like Christopher said, it is very individualized. Don't feel out of the loop. Or we can feel in another loop together? ;-)

When Elizabeth was first dx, her range was 80-180 and we didn't correct for anything above 180. Our endo's guide lines for 'range' are different for different age groups.

Now that she is 12 AND on the pump, her range is 70-170. During the day though, her target is 110 and we correct for anything over 150 (following the pump's recommendations of course). There are times at night, that even if the pump recommends a correction, I follow my gut and am very conservative correcting unless she is over 200. It just depends.

7. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH Approved members

We correct over 150 during the day, and over 200 at night. I've been starting to lower the 200 at night, since we're getting a better handle on how his numbers run overnight.

8. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

we correct any thing over 150 unless she is going to or has just exercised (she tends to go up the down after being active atnight we only correct if she is really high (above 200) she is not on a pump yet though