- advertisement -

What kind of pump case to get?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by cmsullivan, Nov 13, 2009.

1. cmsullivan

cmsullivan Approved members

We should be getting my son's pump in about 3 weeks and I need to figure out what kind of case to get. He is only 2 so my main goal it to keep him from pulling on it,pushing buttons :eek: , and to keep his big brother (4 y.o.) from doing the same things. We are getting the Animas so there will be tubbing invulved. Do any of you know where I could get a case that is "kid proof" maybe something with a button :confused: ? I have looked on pumpwearinc.com but that was kind of overwhelming with all those choices, I like the idea of those little wraps but I am unsure if that would work for us. Maybe some of you with little ones that pump would have a good idea about what will work best for a 2 y.o. ?

2. tom_ethansdad

tom_ethansdad Approved members

My son was 3 and a half when we started pumping and we use a child sized spibelt. He oves it and leave the pump alone. We religiously locked the pump when he first got it so that even if he did start to play with it he wouldn't do too much. But he knows to leave it alone and does, so we don't bother locking the pump anymore. He has two older siblings and one younger, and they all also know to leave the pump alone, and do.

3. 2boysmom

2boysmom Approved members

My friend's two year old wears cargo pants and just slips the pump down in the pocket on the leg. The pump is locked and it works great for them. She has cargo pants for him in every color!:)

4. Leece

Leece Approved members

We like soft and comfy ones...We use the softy pump pouches from Pumpwear inc and some from a few members here. I like the spibelts but depending on how big your son is they may be too big. The only one that really fits my DD is the black one with polka dots because it has double tighteners. I really like the spibelts because they fit nice and close to her body though. We have had to modify the pumpwear ones a little because they can be a little floppy.

We always lock the pump and she sometimes takes it out and presses buttons. She has not unlocked the pump yet... I know a few other members use the pumpwear pouches with the double zippers so they can lock them together and their kids can't open them.

I think spibelt is having a sale right now for 12% off and free shipping
    www.spibelt.com

nov12 gets you 12% off until end of nov
    ship09 gets you free shipping

5. cmsullivan

6. Leece

Leece Approved members

O yeah I forgot to comment on that one:) I think I've tried almost everything out there. We ordered the smallest one and it is still to big on my DD (27lbs size 24months) I love the idea but I don't think they are worth what they are charging for them. They would be super easy to make if you can sew or if you know someone who can sew. They are literally a spandex band of material with a pocket sewn in and a small piece of velco to close it. They are nice but still too big and not worth the $32.99-38.99 that they charge.

7. cmsullivan

I am lucky enough to know someone who might be able to sew one for me :D The ones on that website are WAY to expenstive!

8. Leece

Leece Approved members

I ordered one as a prototype for my mom. Now if she will only get around to sewing me one:) You don't even want to know what my sewing abilities are.:eek:

9. cmsullivan

I have a sewing machine... but don't know the first thing about it :eek: I talked with my friend and she is going to the fabric store this weekend and said she'd get the stuff to make it woo hoo! I'll still probaly get a spibelt as well so we have a couple choices ;)

10. shekov

shekov Approved members

It's good to have a few pump pouches. They get spilled on, diapers leak, etc. I like the softer ones but dd likes them all.

11. Leece

Leece Approved members

Definately need more than one. We have about 10 that we rotate.

12. saralovessal

saralovessal New Member

what we have found

We have a toddler and we are potty training, we have found the pump bands from www.pumpwearinc.com to work perfectly, the waist band is up above his diaper and its totally washable, we have been using these for several months and i am loving them. Plus the company Pump Wear has been wonderful in making sure we had the right sizing something i was totally impressed with.

Sara

mom of toddler sal 24 months old:)

13. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We buy one at a time and use the hell out of them until they fall apart. We've always bought the clear face ones so that we don't have to take the pump out of the pack to push any buttons or to see the CGM screen.

14. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

We get them from Angel Bear Pump Pouches.

We get the zipper ones and you can put a safety pin through the hole in the top of the zipper and then pin it closed after zipping it.

But, Emma was 2 1/2 when she went on the pump, and she only played with it once - and that's when my husband had forgotten to lock it.