- advertisement -

What is up with Animas Customer service?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mom2rh, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

We have a Cozmo pump...and I have only ever dealt with them. But Ryan wants an infusion set that Animas carries so I have been going through them, getting scripts, etc. trying to get a box to see if the sites work OK (we've already had a sample and Ryan liked it). So I send them some info they ask for. Then, while I'm out of town, they mail me a form to fill out and fax to assign insurance benefits to them directly. So, I get around to it and do it. Then I got a message from a rep from Animas about that form. I call back and explain that I sent it...he says he never got it, could I send it again to a different number. OK...no problem.

I can't find the form. So I download it from the website, wait until this last Monday so it wont' get lost in the pile again and send it. So this guy calls again today and apparently hasn't received it. I'm annoyed. So I call back and he tries to explain about the different fax number...and I said, you already gave me that number and I faxed it there. He was not apologetic or nice about it at all.

I know this is nothing in the big scheme of things but geeze...my fax machine is in a box in a cupboard. It's not like it's up and ready to go.

Well, that's enough whining...

2. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Be careful. They have one form for the pump and one for supplies. I filled out the assignment of benefits form to try and order some IV3000. I sent them the form off the website, and next thing I knew I had people calling telling me I could get their pump. Really? 2 months after getting a different pump?

3. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

Thanks for the warning...I need some IV Prep too...I think I might just order it from Smith's Medical...so far I've had no problems with them!

4. tjirvin314

tjirvin314 Approved members

??

Hmm, never had trouble with Animas, what number do you call? I just call give them my childs name and what I need and verify our address etc, and its done. Never filled out any forms, they contact the DR for RX's and I just verbally give them my ins info over the phone when it changed at the beginning of the year, Sorry you got ahold of a "difficult" person.
    -Trish

5. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I haven't had any problems either - is this with corporate customer support or your area sales rep?

6. Pammers

Pammers Approved members

My experiences with them have been mixed. Some are courteous and knowledgable, some not so much.