- advertisement -

What infusion set do you like?

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by Sandy's mom, May 7, 2008.

1. Sandy's mom

Sandy's mom Approved members

My DH is changing pumps from Minimed to Animas. He currently uses the silhouettes w/the inserter only on the belly. What do you recommend for the Animas? How are the straight sets? He's also interested in trying his arm. Thanks.

2. Mermaid

Mermaid Approved members

LOVE the Inset. Each one comes with it's own insertion device (part of the set). They come in 90 and 30 degree insertion angles. You can get cannula length of either 0.6 or 0.9 mm. They do look intimidating, but give them a try.

3. Lizzy1964

Lizzy1964 Approved members

I have been using the Insets since I started on the Animas 1250 a year and a half ago. I think they are great. I also use the Inset 30s for leaner spots.

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

My son has used only the Insets. He loves the fact that he doesn't need to manually insert the site. (He couldn't give himself a shot without using the InjectEase device either.)

He looked at the Inset 30 and refused to try it.

5. lilituc

lilituc Approved members

I use the Sure-Ts (I think Animas calls them Contact Detach) and I absolutely love them. I always put something over the set contact, though, like IV3000, so I don't get the flaps caught on anything.

6. Richard157

Richard157 Approved members

I used Quick sets for only one month. The teflon(?) insert kept getting bent and I got "no delivery" alarms. My friends recommended Sure-T's. I have been using them for 11 months and have no trouble with them. I am 68 and I have poor coordination and I tend to drop things sometimes. I drop my pump while standing up and it hangs by my side but the metal needle does not become dislodged because of the Sure-T's clever design. The metal needle is very short and the tubing is 23 inches in length since they were initially designed for children. Many adults use them too. The only time I get a no delivery alarm now is when I have placed my set where there is scar tissue. Frequent rotation of sites by using different body parts will prevent scar tissue. Good luck!

Richard

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  7. typeoneX2

typeoneX2 Approved members

I use the Insets. I tried the Comfort Sets, but didn't like them. Once you get over the snap of the inserter, the rest is easy. I also find I get less scaring than with the comfort sets.

8. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Inset 30s are good, but if you liked silhouettes, you can keep using them. Just buy the ones for the 50x series.

9. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

10. Armyemily

Armyemily Approved members

I have a 722 but I am able to use the Cleo90 (from Deltec Cozmo and it has 3 tubing lengths 23,31,43) also I like the Inset30