- advertisement -

What has been your....

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by CamsMom, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Lee

Lee Approved members

We went away for the weekend fro Girl Scout camp and left her meter sitting on the table...

I had to drive almost an hour to get to a pharmacy to buy a new one.

2. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

My worst mistake was giving both breakfast shots to the same kids. (Both of my kids are diabetic) I gave the first breakfast shot fine but when it came to the second one I gave it to the first son again! Right before we went on the pump.

3. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

Went shopping and out to lunch, 1 hour away from home, forgot the meter. Bolused for carbs (MDI) without a BG check.

Went camping, 3 hours away, forgot extra test strips. Bought a cheap store brand meter that came with strips.

Did pod change, always leave old pod on for a while, Mann removed it a later but took off the wrong one. Went to school and the nurse said PDM was not communicating with pod. Picked him up, same day as Endo appointment, went to change pod and realized that he had removed wrong pod. BG was 415 at the start of Endo appointment.

The list probably goes on...